Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
de niro said:
Danamy said:
de niro said:
every time i see silva mentioned i think why the fuck did pellers play him in the league cup. seriously fucking madness.

Yet you with others moaned when he didn't play a strong team against Wigan last season when we got knocked out the FA cup, he can't win, like I said the vultures are circling, he's under the microscope at the moment.

wait a minute. wigan was the fa cup. a quarter final with the winner going to wembley. add that to the fact we owed them one and you can't compare the two games.
big difference.

Ha ha, you old fraud! You've banged the "we should always play our strongest side" drum on here so many times, I've lost count. Equally you've been told that top players need proper rest to lessen the chances of injury, so many times I've lost count. Shameless! :-)

Exeter Blue I am here said:
de niro said:
Danamy said:
Yet you with others moaned when he didn't play a strong team against Wigan last season when we got knocked out the FA cup, he can't win, like I said the vultures are circling, he's under the microscope at the moment.

wait a minute. wigan was the fa cup. a quarter final with the winner going to wembley. add that to the fact we owed them one and you can't compare the two games.
big difference.

Ha ha, you old fraud! You've banged the "we should always play our strongest side" drum on here so many times, I've lost count. Equally you've been told that top players need proper rest to lessen the chances of injury, so many times I've lost count. Shameless! :-)

The old "top players need proper rest" drum

Again, surely what he won last season then is the benchmark and the reason expectations are so high? Do we look like we are at least at the same level as last season or if we have (as I'd have expect to) kicked on again and improved? Absolutely not and as others on both sides of the debate have all stated we seem to have regressed dramatically and alarmingly.

There are huge question marks now over the manager's approach to games and whether he has the ability to get it right. I genuinely feel for him as he is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. However he is in a position solely of his own making.

strongbowholic said:
Again, surely what he won last season then is the benchmark and the reason expectations are so high? Do we look like we are at least at the same level as last season or if we have (as I'd have expect to) kicked on again and improved? Absolutely not and as others on both sides of the debate have all stated we seem to have regressed dramatically and alarmingly.

There are huge question marks now over the manager's approach to games and whether he has the ability to get it right. I genuinely feel for him as he is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. However he is in a position solely of his own making.

Question mark from who

GaudinoMotors said:
de niro said:
big difference.

Going to fly in the face of accepted expert medical opinion and practice are we? Bold

GaudinoMotors said:

Going to fly in the face of accepted expert medical opinion and practice are we? Bold

There isn't conclusive medical opinion so I'll fly against using it as an excuse.
Everyone is different. Zab didn't need much rest last year, Yaya didn't, Silva didn't etc
Messi doesn't Ronaldo doesn't, United players in their pomp didn't. Of course injuries are another issue, but please don't trot out verbatim the excuse managers state for dropping players or making poor selections. Do you take in the washing too?

GaudinoMotors said:
GaudinoMotors said:

There isn't conclusive medical opinion so I'll fly against using it as an excuse.
Everyone is different. Zab didn't need much rest last year, Yaya didn't, Silva didn't etc
Messi doesn't Ronaldo doesn't, United players in their pomp didn't. Of course injuries are another issue, but please don't trot out verbatim the excuse managers state for dropping players or making poor selections. Do you take in the washing too?

Very convenient didn't have a lot of choice with Zab last year, looks burnt out to me, but I'm no medical expert

For me, its not about comparing how we are playing to last year, or even comparing him to previous managers. Its about the football im seeing and how we are playing and how the manager looks to solve the issues.

Im not overly bothered if we dont win anything IF we are playing to our potential and we just get beaten by a better team.

At present however we are nowhere near playing to our potential andvwe are struggling against teams we shouldnt be....ans more importantly even when we have won this seasonthere have been very few games where it has been totally convincing. I fully believe that mp csn manage the players and motivate them but my main issue upto the qpr game was the balance of the side(and it always has been a problem since his arrival last year....we just scarwd everyone last uear with our attackibg football and put teams on the back foot and only a couoke of teams felt confident enough to press us....but those that did wecstruggled against and now all teams are doing this and with just a 2 in midfieks when one is yaya this has csused us huge problems.

On saturday he awitched to a 3 man midfield whivh i was happy with and ee started well but then nerves took over. We then regained control only for him to switch to two up top. And immediately this gave control to qpr...dzeko get. Injured and he brings in lampard to play in yayas previous role and sticks yaya at the back....he should have broyght milner on in ferds role and put yaya back up top........he seemscto haveca default that he really doesnt like goiing against and i think the only reason he started with 3 in the midfield was due to the absense of kompany

grim up north said:
GaudinoMotors said:

Very convenient didn't have a lot of choice with Zab last year, looks burnt out to me, but I'm no medical expert

Look non of us know really.
In my opinion it's individual confidence. Players who played regularly last year suddenly have supposed competition for their place and indeed have been in and out of the team. No one is getting into their stride and form because of this. Play the tried and trusted team and if and when fatigue or injury occur, then put the new signings in.
Fernandinho was great once he settled last year. He contributes greatly to last years successes, goes to the World Cup with Brazil, comes back and is out of the side. Must feel slightly undermined and undervalued - hence confidence shot.
We are complicating things unnecessarily.

GaudinoMotors said:
grim up north said:
GaudinoMotors said:

Look non of us know really.
In my opinion it's individual confidence. Players who played regularly last year suddenly have supposed competition for their place and indeed have been in and out of the team. No one is getting into their stride and form because of this. Play the tried and trusted team and if and when fatigue or injury occur, then put the new signings in.
Fernandinho was great once he settled last year. He contributes greatly to last years successes, goes to the World Cup with Brazil, comes back and is out of the side. Must feel slightly undermined and undervalued - hence confidence shot.
We are complicating things unnecessarily.

The players not performing at the moment reached the later stages of World Cup with no pre season, the other two under scrutiny have just joined the club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.