Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Danamy said:
de niro said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Not sure why but I am feeling quite calm about the whole managerial situation and team today.
Just got a feeling that the players now know what is at stake.
Swansea,Bayern Southampton are now crucial games in the tenure of Pellegrinio and the future of a number of players.
I am just going to get fully behind the team and manager. My opinions are known and they won't change but I actually felt sorry for him on reflection.
2 week break,hopefully Silva,Vinny can come back into the fold.

every time i see silva mentioned i think why the fuck did pellers play him in the league cup. seriously fucking madness.

Yet you with others moaned when he didn't play a strong team against Wigan last season when we got knocked out the FA cup, he can't win, like I said the vultures are circling, he's under the microscope at the moment.

wait a minute. wigan was the fa cup. a quarter final with the winner going to wembley. add that to the fact we owed them one and you can't compare the two games.
big difference.

Veira might knock Yaya into performing .
This is one player who needs to start doing the business .
Yesterday Yaya had the ideal platform to show how good he his .

Watched highlights again this morning. Made me feel worse tbh. I think he has lost the players confidence. I think they know the formation and selections have been wrong, you do when that happens at any level. 7 wins in all comps 5 losses and 5 draws is unacceptable now if you manage man city. Why does he persevere with navas? Why drop Milner? Why not demand a replacement for negredo? Why freeze out nastasic and Richards for that matter! It says it all when he is relying on Lampard to change games for us. We are light years away from the best in Europe the way he sets us up and with the players he or the spaniards have bought. We don't have the work ethic or grit to be great let alone pace with the ball. I understood when people used to talk about a project and time. That's no longer the case for me we are in amongst the best but are falling behind through poor management.

Pellers wants to play 442, other than Aguero the other strikers are playing cr*p therefore he has to change the system or carry someone. He has chose tha latter and it has cost us.

When resting Vinnie etc in the league cup game he failed to realise that Silva is by far ( prob with aguero now) the most important player in our team and should never be anywhere near a league cup game unless it is the final. The injury wasn't Peller's fault but playing Silva has cost us dear.

Yaya form isn't wuite as bad as people make out but his lack of defensive chasing ( even worse than previous years) means it is hard to play 442.

We also have the problem that all our defenders even Komps to a smaller scale are playing poorly. This is down to transfers . We sign an unproven 22 year old as our major signing and so far it has not payed off, MDM last season had a world cup place as insentive he doesn't really have any this season. We should have looked at more experienced players already proven atthe top level as yhis signing was probably key to our season.

The we have the usual not signing any top players which i believe has the impact of bringing down the level of our existing top players as they know they are guaranteed their place and with chavs making quality signing have a ready made excuse for not winning the league. Not sure whose fault this is the board or pellers. We ended up 5 mill in credit at the end of the window and there were numerous players that movedthat could have given our top players a lift if signed.

GaudinoMotors said:
TFC said:
Folly to even think he will be fired at this point. Call it an educated guess but long unbeaten run coming up lads.

(yes I was drinking last night ;)

The international break ?

the rags will count that
the next time they play the press will be stating the rags are on a three week unbeaten run

blueinsa said:
hgblue said:
blueinsa said:
We could give the job to anyone right now and he will face the same issues 12-18 months down the line.

We have fundemental issues in our squad and recruitment policies that need to be addressed going forward to give anyone a chance of really becoming succesful.

Khaldoon and Mansour have some thinking to do.

Not so sure I go along with this. Take a look at what Mourinho has done at Chelsea. Fans favourites like Luiz and Mata sold. Top quality additions like Matic, Fabregas and Costa. Just look at them now.

Mou given the tools he wants to do the job. Pellegrini and Bob before him handed players by a boardroom collective that are neither good enough or wanted.

We have to decide as a club how we play this out going forward. Txiki will earn his corn if we go down the galactico route and any coach we have is given the finest players in the world to work with but if we dont do that but still insist on giving blokes makitas instead of de walts to coin a phrase that they really dont fancy then we will see the cycle we are in carrying on.

If not you have to trust the manager with money and let them build their own teams which negates Txiki imo.

Agree with this.

I am hopeful that the international break will do everyone a bit of good and the players come back and start performing again.

Hope Pelle sorts it out. Time to drop a few mard arses and make a statement.

Players have lost faith due to Champs League I think - all these players are desperate for Champs League success and like Mancini before him lost faith after fucking up with tactics in the Roma & Moscow games. Players are that fickle but they believe it is down to the manager. The Roma game was one big fuck up and he should have dealt with the change Moscow made at half time over there when we were 2-0 up.

Bunch of pampered mard arses the lot of them - Time to step up MP but the knives are being sharpened... I think some of the players need a visit from Khaldoon because they ain't doing the boss any favours and to say they were hoisting him in the air.

My biggest gripe with MP is that he, like Mancini is too stubborn and does not change his approach, we are way too predictable - lets start playing to opposition weaknesses rather than always believing that playing our way will always win.

Hope he sorts it out - as he is a nice bloke and has provided me with the best football I have ever seen City play..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.