Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
LJ75 said:
Mister Appointment said:
LJ75 said:
Or is it that this fish stinks from the head, so what about the spanish duo? What's their role in this?

Ferran Soriano is CEO of not just MCFC but the CFG, and he's neither going to sack himself nor his DoF after one bad result.

If you look at the way they handled rebuilding the Barcelona team, it's pretty clear to me what's going to happen next.

As I say, I'd expect minimum six out the door from the playing squad next summer. Should've happened this summer but I reckon FFP put the blockers on that.

Now, given that today's football is a business, you'd wonder which Key Performance Objectives are set for FS and his team. Pls bear in mind that e.g. winning a trophy is a tool here, rather than an objective. I'd say:

- Club revenues
- Club EBIT / Net Contribution
- Recruitment (i.e. new supporters entering the franchise)
- Merchandise revenues
- Stadium revenues
- Rights (TV) revenues
- Return on invested capital
- Sustainability factor ( a measure of several indicators, i.e. players bough, players from own academy, players sold...)
- MCFC Brand Equity indicators (e.g. attractiveness of play, goals scored...)

I am just saying that losses like the one from last night inflict a huge blow to Club's overall performance, and CEO is to blame for that.

Se let's ll hope that this can be put behind ASAP and moved on.

Although logically speaking i see what you're driving at, the reality is when things go bad on the pitch the CEO NEVER cops it. It's always the manager then the players. In this case because Ferran's remit is so much wider than just MCFC, and his has so much responsibility within the CFG, it's difficult to see him being under any great pressure. Football is a results driven business for sure, but it's also not an exact science and winning the title last season will buy everyone involved far more goodwill then people realise.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
....He is an arrogant old man who needs to just retire quietly back to Chili with his family.
are you distantly related to Alan Pardew ?

pellybench_zps52c2e6d0.jpg
pelly_zps0459c501.jpg

;-)

George Hannah said:
[quote="St Helens Blue (Exiled)"....He is an arrogant old man who needs to just retire quietly back to Chili with his family.

;-)[/quote]

I actually believe it mate.He is stubborn he really is.
The line "I have no idea why we cant play well in CL"...wtf.He should be sacked now. HE IS CLUELESS HE REALLY IS.Yet he gets bog bucks to motivate , get them in a positive frame of mind.
I bet you Martinez would do a much better job, i really do

George Hannah said:
....He is an arrogant old man who needs to just retire quietly back to Chili with his family.

;-)

The line "I have no idea why we cant play well in CL"...wtf.He should be sacked now. HE IS CLUELESS HE REALLY IS.Yet he gets bog bucks to motivate , get them in a positive frame of mind.
Tolmie is right that being bewildered isn't really a desirable quality in a manager

Honestly, Pelle is to blame for the low team morale. You play wrong tactics with the available players, you lose. You lose too many times, players get frustrated and eventually moral and performance/confidence goes low. I can see the players trying yesterday, desperately!

Everyone blaming Jovitic for trying the impossible passes, that's desperation! How many times Yaya tried to run through CSK defense? The team were working hard, but the bloody tactics and formation wasn't helping them. We were not solid in midfield and lacked so much control and exposed the back line.

Pelle will either change/adapt or be out soon. This is embarrassing!

George Hannah said:
[quote="St Helens Blue (Exiled)"....He is an arrogant old man who needs to just retire quietly back to Chili with his family.

;-)

I bet you Martinez would do a much better job, i really do[/quote]
To be perfectly honest you shouldnt read too much into what managers say after a match. I'd bet he knows exactly why last night happened, sometimes not wise to share that with the general public.

moomba said:
George Hannah said:

;-)

To be perfectly honest you shouldnt read too much into what managers say after a match. I'd bet he knows exactly why last night happened, sometimes not wise to share that with the general public.
tbh it didn't look like it from where I was sitting

Keeping Yaya in the isn't doing Pellegrini any favours .
I would drop him now .
I think he his the main man whos calling the tunes in the dressing room .
Manuel does this it will save his bacon .
Drop Yaya now !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.