Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
baildon blue said:
George Hannah said:
baildon blue said:
Keeping Yaya in the isn't doing Pellegrini any favours .
I would drop him now .
I think he his the main man whos calling the tunes in the dressing room .
Manuel does this it will save his bacon .
Drop Yaya now !!!!
we'll see whether that works in the next two CL games
I would drop him for the Q.P.R match .
And may be for the rest of the season .
Its a big call by Manuel but he needs to do it now .

Pellegrini dropped Juan Roman Riquelme when he was Villareal's star player because he wouldn't do as he was told. Pellegrini shipped him back to Argentina IIRC, as as a manager if he feels a player needs to be dropped he'll do it. We simply can't know what is going on behind the scenes and I find it impossible to believe that if Toure alone was the problem that he wouldn't already have been binned by the boss.

Didsbury Dave said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
TGR said:
Not very 'Holistic' this morning are we chaps?

Currently discussing how an input of English blood will sort it out.
Seriously......

I'd have Martinez I really would

Have a lie down, SHB. You're out of your depth this morning and embarrassing yourself.

Really? Why am I. Go on,I am waiting. If you and Mr A want to continue fighting a lost cause with this gaffer then carry on Dave but In my opinion he is a poor manager. Let's not make any bones about it. If Liverpool hadn't blown a 3 goal lead at palace and nicked a point at home to the Chavs his double all of a sudden becomes a capital one cup....

He said he has no idea last night.
If you are so confident he will be here next season,take me up on my offer. A small wager to say the powers that be will get rid.

Lavinda Past said:
Didsbury Dave said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Currently discussing how an input of English blood will sort it out.
Seriously......

I'd have Martinez I really would

Have a lie down, SHB. You're out of your depth this morning and embarrassing yourself.

You should go back to bed for a bit yourself Dave. SHB is right. I suspect that even Moyes would be an upgrade on the clueless Pellegrini. All the gear, no idea.

The idea that Moyes would be an upgrade has done wonders for my grumpy mood this morning. Cheers for that.

BobKowalski said:
Lavinda Past said:
Didsbury Dave said:
You should go back to bed for a bit yourself Dave. SHB is right. I suspect that even Moyes would be an upgrade on the clueless Pellegrini. All the gear, no idea.
The idea that Moyes would be an upgrade has done wonders for my grumpy mood this morning. Cheers for that.
I think Dave secretly wishes Bob was coming back

baildon blue said:
George Hannah said:
baildon blue said:
Keeping Yaya in the isn't doing Pellegrini any favours .
I would drop him now .
I think he his the main man whos calling the tunes in the dressing room .
Manuel does this it will save his bacon .
Drop Yaya now !!!!

There should be no dropping of Yaya. Not when he has finally started to come out to play this season. Back on Twitter. Free kicks starting to go in. Throwing opponents roughly to the floor. The big guy is back and frankly when the big guy is back I always feel more confident.

Toure was our best player last night, and perhaps even on Sunday.

I've wanted him sold since last season but his attitude has been much-improved these last two games.

I would say the desire is there, my only fear is that his legs aren't.

Still I find it hard to swallow we need to sign another world class players for 30-40-50m prices to be comfortably better than the Ajax, CSKa, Sprting, Dinamo Kijev type of opponents. Or one level above but still nowhere near close to us in terms of expensive squad, high wages, so the likes of Napoli, Roma...

Yes we are behind to Real, Barca, Bayern, for that we would need to spend a lot. But our struggle in CL is not vs them. We struggle against the Napolis, Romas, CSKAs, Ajaxs of the CL...
If we could finish ahead of them comfortably which cannot simply be a big ask from a top manager with our squad and would reach knock outs stages and there we would come up short versus the Bayern, Real type of opponents I would understand we need to sign some extra talented players.

But now we need do to it to get us out of the laughing stock role we got ourselves into and hope that when we have Pogba, Reus, Pepe and other top players we will be at least able to finish ahead of a good but far from top class team like Roma.

I doubt it. If current manager or previous manager can only get this much out of it from current squad in CL level in terms of tactics, desire, mentality it would be stupidly optimistic to think they would done much better with Reus, Di Maria etc in the team. They still wouldnt get tactics wrong and teams still would punish our weaknesses.

With Pellegrini I am getting fed up he constantly makes clear mistakes in the first eleven set up that he has to correct around 50th minute all the time. Not even mentioning the way he lets our complete defence being exposed trough lack of any real help from the other 5-6 outfield players...
I think they arent asked to work hard, track back off the ball. If they would be they wouldnt let this happen all the time. Or they just dont listen to the manager and that makes Pelle a dead man walking instantly.

Teams did adapt to us, dont let us score 5-6 goals so frequently anymore, not even 3-4, and also found our weaknesses or the system's weaknesses thats why we keep conceding so many counter goals. Will we adapt tho? Will we change as our opponents change?

Roma-CSKA 5-0.
City-CSKA 1-2.

Roma didnt need world class player to beat them 5-0. Roma manager could say they need world class player to beat a club like City with all their highly paid top stars.

CSKA and Roma manager at the draw could thought ohh fuck we got Bayern and City, so we can decide which one of us is 3rd and 4th then because those two English and german Champion will just go to next round.
But no, because City is in real danger of finishing 4th with only collecting 2 or maybe 3 points in 6 games.

Pellegrini needs to sit down and think it trough what is he doing. Chelsea this season seems lot stronger than Liverpool last season or even United 2 seasons ago. There wont be many more chances to lose/draw league games and hope ohh we turn back around April.
Soton and Sunderland away games are in less than 1 month, Pelle will have to have plans how to go those places and come away with 6 points. Or at least 4 points.

George Hannah said:
BobKowalski said:
Lavinda Past said:
I think Dave secretly wishes Bob was coming back

If Bob had overseen that disaster last night Dave would have started 4 threads, an online petition and handcuffed himself to the stadium in protest. Happy days.

Mister Appointment said:
baildon blue said:
George Hannah said:

Pellegrini dropped Juan Roman Riquelme when he was Villareal's star player because he wouldn't do as he was told. Pellegrini shipped him back to Argentina IIRC, as as a manager if he feels a player needs to be dropped he'll do it. We simply can't know what is going on behind the scenes and I find it impossible to believe that if Toure alone was the problem that he wouldn't already have been binned by the boss.

It's a real dilemma mate. Yaya has always given us problems but given us solutions which outweighed them.

I'm starting to thing that as his age catches up with him the balance has changed. He was OK last night, but in spells. His intensity has gone. We also don't know the bigger picture behind the scenes.

I think dropping Ya Ya is close, but with Silva out the side it becomes an even bigger call.

Pellegrini faces some of the biggest challenges of his career. I still think he's good enough to take them on, but my God it's goingt o be hard if we lose on Saturday. TH got it right...a perfect storm.

Please can somebody explain the progress then?

Last season-CSKA 0-City 2
City 5-CSKA 2

Perhaps the blues who are backing him to the hilt could?

Or what about City 0-Stoke 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.