Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he got the team selection wrong today. Clichy, Demichelis and Fernandinho should've started. Easy to say with hindsight though. Either way the team he put out should've put up a better fight. There's clearly something wrong at the moment, and Pellegrini has a big challenge to fix it.

Ric said:
I think he got the team selection wrong today. Clichy, Demichelis and Fernandinho should've started. Easy to say with hindsight though. Either way the team he put out should've put up a better fight. There's clearly something wrong at the moment, and Pellegrini has a big challenge to fix it.

No hindsight here,i thought that when I saw the team sheet.

FantasyIreland said:
Ric said:

There was no reason not to go full strength today, with a full week before the Chelsea game. He would, of course, have been castigated by many if someone had been injured but that's irrelevant now.

The most worrying thing is, though, I don't think we would've won even with those players in the side. I think we'll get a lift when Toure and Bony return, and Aguero recovers his sharpness.

It doesn't cover the fact, though, that this team is reaching the end of its cycle and needs an overhaul. The complete lack of pace has to be addressed this summer.

first team is clearly very strong when available and fully fit

but overall the squad still lacks depth

we need more hungry youngsters snapping at their heels imo

FantasyIreland said:
Ric said:

With no midweek game it was a criminal selection.

BigOscar said:
de niro said:
BigOscar said:
He has a huge problem with Championship teams. Bizarre that it's true, but across his whole tenure here we've had serious issues with them We've won a few by big scores, but we've lost twice now and been lucky to escape on a couple of other occassions as well.

The man has no clue what the fa cup is all about.
Well the players seem to like throwing in a nice impression of the Wigan final every time we meet a championship side. It's starting to look like we have a real mental problem when it comes to "easy" games.

Agreed, sadly. This is exactly why many of us have been wanting to see more of our youth involved, they'd give us a much better performance and you'd hope motivate the first team to not reel it in as we've seen previously, thinking turning up will win the game and then inevitable panic when thats proved false.

johnmc said:
More threatening with Navas on the pitch.
Taking off the two players who'd had the best attacking moments to leave on Silva and Aguero who were so off form without even introducing Dzeko was dreadful. All so you can push out Milner to the wings who was having a useless game in the middle anyway.

I'd have finished that game

Jovetic Dzeko Navas
Silva Lampard
Fernandinho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.