Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
sam-caddick said:
Just seen Pellegrini's post match interview in MOTD and heard him say we were nervous!!

Nervous!! Against a Championship side?? I he for real??

Firstly it's his job to make sure we're not nervous but secondly I expect that from our players in a Champion League final for example, not an FA Cui tie against Boro who are in the Championship.

And still with 30 minutes to play after the first goal he wasn't able to sort the players out

I preferred Mourinho's interview where he called their loss a disgrace, which like ours is exactly what it is

chris85mcfc said:
OB1 said:
chris85mcfc said:
The players that he brought in let him down

The whole lot of them did; even Silva and Aguero were poor by their standards; although Aguero can be forgiven some rustiness.

Gives me the impression that the competition isn't taken seriously

It was a similar performance to Newcastle in the league cup

Aguero looks rusty but that's understandable. We just look so lost and disjointed without Yaya and Nasri

The most worrying part is how our performance levels drop without Yaya, Silva and Nasri pulling the strings, we've been saying the same thing for a few years
Correct,we are crap without yaya,our motivation and will to win was a disgrace,like wigan last year,we never learn,our arrogance over reaches our ability and the jolly up in the desert now stinks worse. It falls at the managers door,take it serious my arse,he is a tit and the players are half arsed, tossers,win the league or pay the price now,the lot of them! ps chumps league!? give over,hard work beats talent if talent doesnt work hard.

VOOMER said:
Butat least Pellers is better than Bobby Manc.

Mancini had the same problems keeping our champions fully motivated and he too dicked around with the defence. Both are very good managers but aren't in the top bracket.

I've never truly been sold on Pellegrini and still aren't.

Like someone said above we're looking awful at the back and it's probably more apparent because we're not banging in 3/4 goals a game like last season. Also to repeat what someone said, I've definteley noticed a lack of organization on the pitch which probably attributes to full backs constantly bombing on, wingers not tracking back/drifting all over the pitch and the like of Kompany pushing too far up field.

Even going forward we've regressed, often playing too slow and narrow. We refuse to move the ball quicker and put a cross in first time instead of holding on to it for example. A lack of creativity is obvious if Silva is off it and we don't have Yaya/Nasri.

We need a serious injection of pace in the side and some genuine class first team players.

chris85mcfc said:
OB1 said:
chris85mcfc said:
The players that he brought in let him down

The whole lot of them did; even Silva and Aguero were poor by their standards; although Aguero can be forgiven some rustiness.

Gives me the impression that the competition isn't taken seriously

It was a similar performance to Newcastle in the league cup

Aguero looks rusty but that's understandable. We just look so lost and disjointed without Yaya and Nasri

The most worrying part is how our performance levels drop without Yaya, Silva and Nasri pulling the strings, we've been saying the same thing for a few years

Yes we have been saying the same thing and that is primarily a player issue and why we need to do something about the squad this summer.

sam-caddick said:
Just seen Pellegrini's post match interview in MOTD and heard him say we were nervous!!

Nervous!! Against a Championship side?? I he for real??

Firstly it's his job to make sure we're not nervous but secondly I expect that from our players in a Champion League final for example, not an FA Cui tie against Boro who are in the Championship.

He's not the type of manager to slaughter his squad in front of the media, even more so when the media does it without our help.

I suspect he was just waffling. There really wasn't any excuse for today. It was a poor showing and he can't blame fixture pile-ups or the ref. This Abu Dhabi trip has made the club incredibly foolish.

I doubt there's "only 4 or 5 managers" that could have the team play with the style they did today

Ray78 said:
BigOscar said:
Can we stop mentioning Chelsea? They played one "kid", who is on £20k a week, out of position at RB. That's it. They had another two kids on the bench, who they didn't bring on. It was hardly a youth revolution.

They played Andreas Christensen a young CB as well as Zouma both struggled along side their first choice CB.

Which only proves , if the chavs suffer as many injuries , as we have , they are f*cked.

Our defence has been a complete shambles for ages and a cull is required.

We need a WC central defender. For me Kompany can battle it out with Mangala and Demichelis to partner whoever we bring in.

Having said that the same players used to defend well so for me Pellegrini is the main culprit here.

Attacking wise we have plenty of talented options. Pellegrini is in the habit of making fools out of me and others so I won't be calling for his head. But he really does need to understand that kamikaze defending is leaving us very vulnerable to the type of result we saw today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.