Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rammy Blue said:
I can understand the frustration however I think we should wait until after Chelsea before getting too carried away, win that and we're back in the hunt, lose and we may as well pack up for the summer and I think MP may be facing a struggle to keep his job beyond the summer.

a win at Chelsea will only serve to gloss over the fact that we have at best stagnated. I'd give him one unrestricted window. after that if we get beat 5 times at home something has to change.

SuperSilva said:
grim up north said:
Blackcrowes said:
I just listened to the Boyata interview after yesterdays game.

"I guess it's disappointing, he didn't say anything, he didn't have to say anything," Boyata said when asked how Pellegrini reacted to the loss.

I am OK with Pellegrini but I would have had something to say in the dressing room. In fact I would have given them a rocket.

I would imagine that will come tomorrow if not already

Txiki told some blue fans last week (in Abu Dhabi at the Q&A) there were only 4 or 5 managers in the world that could manage Man City; Pellegerini, Guardiola, Rijkaard were the 3 names he mentioned.

Apart from the kind of similar styles these 3 managers play they also are the type not to loose their cool on the touchline nor do they have knee jerk reactions... they are analysts and look over what happened then lay into the players with the correct feedback and if needed bollocking...

Our players need man management like Real and Barca players do; cite Nasri being brilliant last season and picking great form this season unlike with Mancini....

Out players need to love the manager and if they do, they will go all out for him and beat any team on their day...

You don't need to give someone/ team a rocket by shouting and bawling I suspect it will come in a dignified way

SuperSilva said:
grim up north said:
Blackcrowes said:

"I guess it's disappointing, he didn't say anything, he didn't have to say anything," Boyata said when asked how Pellegrini reacted to the loss.

I am OK with Pellegrini but I would have had something to say in the dressing room. In fact I would have given them a rocket.

Txiki told some blue fans last week (in Abu Dhabi at the Q&A) there were only 4 or 5 managers in the world that could manage Man City; Pellegerini, Guardiola, Rijkaard were the 3 names he mentioned.

Apart from the kind of similar styles these 3 managers play they also are the type not to loose their cool on the touchline nor do they have knee jerk reactions... they are analysts and look over what happened then lay into the players with the correct feedback and if needed bollocking...

Our players need man management like Real and Barca players do; cite Nasri being brilliant last season and picking great form this season unlike with Mancini....

Out players need to love the manager and if they do, they will go all out for him and beat any team on their day...

I find it slightly odd if Txiki can only think of 4 or 5 managers that could manage Man City and 3 of them are ones he has already worked with. What he probably means is there are only 4 or 5 managers he is prepared to work with at Man City. Which does kind of narrow our options.

As for our players needing to love the manager well shocking as it may be not all of the current squad love Pellers. As for not losing their cool remind me again who was it that totally lost the plot with their rant over Sweden and ended up with a touchline ban in the CL? This is not meant as a criticism of Pellers just that I think we would all do better if we didn't indulge in these pantomime caricatures of the manager and players.

The main issue for me as it was last season is the defence and the steady erosion of our defensive organisation. You can see its a concern given the turnover in defensive players and DM in an attempt to solve the problem. Hughes did the same and look at Rodgers at Pool who buys a brand new CB every 6 months. Yet the problem lies more on the training pitch then it does in the players we have. You can get away with it provided you score enough goals to compensate but right now we aren't so our lapses keep biting us in the arse.

I personally think we could have better balance between attack and defence but as I'm not on Txiki's list it ain't going to happen.

de niro said:
Rammy Blue said:
I can understand the frustration however I think we should wait until after Chelsea before getting too carried away, win that and we're back in the hunt, lose and we may as well pack up for the summer and I think MP may be facing a struggle to keep his job beyond the summer.

a win at Chelsea will only serve to gloss over the fact that we have at best stagnated. I'd give him one unrestricted window. after that if we get beat 5 times at home something has to change.

That's fair but one unrestricted window would be the summer. After that I think we would keep him for next season, I think though He will leave after next season anyway, and I would be very surprised if they would change mid season especially if Guardiola is going to become available. Not that I expect him to fail after an unrestricted window.

BobKowalski said:
SuperSilva said:
grim up north said:

I find it slightly odd if Txiki can only think of 4 or 5 managers that could manage Man City and 3 of them are ones he has already worked with. What he probably means is there are only 4 or 5 managers he is prepared to work with at Man City. Which does kind of narrow our options.

As for our players needing to love the manager well shocking as it may be not all of the current squad love Pellers. As for not losing their cool remind me again who was it that totally lost the plot with their rant over Sweden and ended up with a touchline ban in the CL? This is not meant as a criticism of Pellers just that I think we would all do better if we didn't indulge in these pantomime caricatures of the manager and players.

The main issue for me as it was last season is the defence and the steady erosion of our defensive organisation. You can see its a concern given the turnover in defensive players and DM in an attempt to solve the problem. Hughes did the same and look at Rodgers at Pool who buys a brand new CB every 6 months. Yet the problem lies more on the training pitch then it does in the players we have. You can get away with it provided you score enough goals to compensate but right now we aren't so our lapses keep biting us in the arse.

I personally think we could have better balance between attack and defence but as I'm not on Txiki's list it ain't going to happen.

fully agree with your bit on balance between attack and defence - pellers is yet to find the correct balance....we are continually open to counter attacks against every team we play...we are far too gung-ho at times

I do sympathise with him a little as he is restricted in our attacking options by the fact we still have no decent options for wide players.....Milner and navas are both distinctly average (though he has to carry the can for Navas)

with the potential loss of Yaya this summer Pellers is going to have to do a lot of work in re-organising the way we play this summer (if he is still here)

simon23 said:
BobKowalski said:
SuperSilva said:

fully agree with your bit on balance between attack and defence - pellers is yet to find the correct balance....we are continually open to counter attacks against every team we play...we are far too gung-ho at times

I do sympathise with him a little as he is restricted in our attacking options by the fact we still have no decent options for wide players.....Milner and navas are both distinctly average (though he has to carry the can for Navas)

with the potential loss of Yaya this summer Pellers is going to have to do a lot of work in re-organising the way we play this summer (if he is still here)

Our players in the main especially in defence and midfield don't have the qualities to carry out the game style MP wants week in week out and or against pressing oppositions anymore.

I think Pellers will go this summer no matter what position we finish in the league this season and its looking more closer to the likes of Manure , Liverpool , Spurs, Arsenal and Southampton than Chelsea.

We need an new manager with fresh ideas and a fresh approach.

BobKowalski said:
SuperSilva said:
grim up north said:

I'm always curious when people post things like this. How do you know?

baildon blue said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
baildon blue said:
Give the manager some slack .
He hasn't been able to play his best team most of this season .
Even if we win bugger all this season he should stay .
Injuries are part of football, the pisstake of changing 2 or 3 of the back 5 every game isn't. Let's be honest in between Chelsea & Hull we have a weeks break. For Chelsea Hart, Clichy and Demichelis will be back in so that's another 3 changes.

For hull would you be surprised if Mangala & Sagna play? And then revert back to Demi and Zaba for Stoke despite having 10 days til the next game v newcastle?
You can`t play the same team every match
Lets look at the injuries we have had this season .
1) Kompany
2) Silva
3) Aguero
4) Kolarov
5) Nasri
6) Dzeko
7) Lampard
8) Jovetic
I don't think Mourinho had any injuries to his main players .
I agree he needs to stop tinkering with the defence .
So Kompany was injured....... Then why not play Hart, Zab, Mangala, Demi & Clichy consistently through that period.

It's bullshit to say players can't play every game when the Chelsea back 5 has only been altered through injury the vast majority of the season

SuperSilva said:
grim up north said:
Blackcrowes said:

SO you think Pep is not the type of manager to loose his cool ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.