Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
mosssideblue said:
BobKowalski said:
SuperSilva said:
Txiki told some blue fans last week (in Abu Dhabi at the Q&A) there were only 4 or 5 managers in the world that could manage Man City; Pellegerini, Guardiola, Rijkaard were the 3 names he mentioned.

Apart from the kind of similar styles these 3 managers play they also are the type not to loose their cool on the touchline nor do they have knee jerk reactions... they are analysts and look over what happened then lay into the players with the correct feedback and if needed bollocking...

Our players need man management like Real and Barca players do; cite Nasri being brilliant last season and picking great form this season unlike with Mancini....

Out players need to love the manager and if they do, they will go all out for him and beat any team on their day...

I find it slightly odd if Txiki can only think of 4 or 5 managers that could manage Man City and 3 of them are ones he has already worked with. What he probably means is there are only 4 or 5 managers he is prepared to work with at Man City. Which does kind of narrow our options.

As for our players needing to love the manager well shocking as it may be not all of the current squad love Pellers. As for not losing their cool remind me again who was it that totally lost the plot with their rant over Sweden and ended up with a touchline ban in the CL? This is not meant as a criticism of Pellers just that I think we would all do better if we didn't indulge in these pantomime caricatures of the manager and players.

The main issue for me as it was last season is the defence and the steady erosion of our defensive organisation. You can see its a concern given the turnover in defensive players and DM in an attempt to solve the problem. Hughes did the same and look at Rodgers at Pool who buys a brand new CB every 6 months. Yet the problem lies more on the training pitch then it does in the players we have. You can get away with it provided you score enough goals to compensate but right now we aren't so our lapses keep biting us in the arse.

I personally think we could have better balance between attack and defence but as I'm not on Txiki's list it ain't going to happen.

I'm always curious when people post things like this. How do you know?

Aside from tidbits you hear it is fairly obvious that in a squad of 25 highly motivated highly paid athletes with differing personalities not everyone will be 'loving' the manager. This applies to every squad and every manager and is just the way it is. There will always be some conflict, differing of opinion, disagreement over playing style, not being appreciated enough (Yaya) or whatever. It's not a big deal even if it is important for some to believe that it's a Garden of Eden behind the walls of the CFA.

The performances since Christmas have been reminiscent of the back end of Mancini's last season. If this is a group of players playing for the manager then we better hope to fuck that they don't fall out with him.

Far too many look like they're going through the motions to me and I'm seeing no leadership or balls out of the field.

That said, the biggest worry is the lack of variety and innovation in our play. Other managers have well and truly sussed us out and Pellers either can't see that or just doesn't have an answer by way of a plan b.

Two home cup defeats to lesser opposition reflect very poorly on him.

Saturday is huge for Pellers.

Love Bites and Everything said:
The performances since Christmas have been reminiscent of the back end of Mancini's last season. If this is a group of players playing for the manager then we better hope to fuck that they don't fall out with him.

Far too many look like they're going through the motions to me and I'm seeing no leadership or balls out of the field.

That said, the biggest worry is the lack of variety and innovation in our play. Other managers have well and truly sussed us out and Pellers either can't see that or just doesn't have an answer by way of a plan b.

I am looking at Bristol City at present against Premiership opposition that turned us over and they have shown more flair, skill and attitude and work rate and intent in their passing in the first 35 minutes than we have shown for many a week now.

A lot comes down to attitude and ours stinks to the core at present.

mosssideblue said:
BobKowalski said:
SuperSilva said:
Txiki told some blue fans last week (in Abu Dhabi at the Q&A) there were only 4 or 5 managers in the world that could manage Man City; Pellegerini, Guardiola, Rijkaard were the 3 names he mentioned.

Apart from the kind of similar styles these 3 managers play they also are the type not to loose their cool on the touchline nor do they have knee jerk reactions... they are analysts and look over what happened then lay into the players with the correct feedback and if needed bollocking...

Our players need man management like Real and Barca players do; cite Nasri being brilliant last season and picking great form this season unlike with Mancini....

Out players need to love the manager and if they do, they will go all out for him and beat any team on their day...

I find it slightly odd if Txiki can only think of 4 or 5 managers that could manage Man City and 3 of them are ones he has already worked with. What he probably means is there are only 4 or 5 managers he is prepared to work with at Man City. Which does kind of narrow our options.

As for our players needing to love the manager well shocking as it may be not all of the current squad love Pellers. As for not losing their cool remind me again who was it that totally lost the plot with their rant over Sweden and ended up with a touchline ban in the CL? This is not meant as a criticism of Pellers just that I think we would all do better if we didn't indulge in these pantomime caricatures of the manager and players.

The main issue for me as it was last season is the defence and the steady erosion of our defensive organisation. You can see its a concern given the turnover in defensive players and DM in an attempt to solve the problem. Hughes did the same and look at Rodgers at Pool who buys a brand new CB every 6 months. Yet the problem lies more on the training pitch then it does in the players we have. You can get away with it provided you score enough goals to compensate but right now we aren't so our lapses keep biting us in the arse.

I personally think we could have better balance between attack and defence but as I'm not on Txiki's list it ain't going to happen.

I had an odd cold feeling to see some of our player's body language yesterday. Players like Zaba .Silva ,Kun.. they always chase the lost cause and motivate the team but that spirit was missing from them .
Jet lag or is their more to it? I wonder.

mancity1 said:

I am looking at Bristol City at present against Premiership opposition that turned us over and they have shown more flair, skill and attitude and work rate and intent in their passing in the first 35 minutes than we have shown for many a week now.

It's an entertaining cup tie flair and

SKill no way, they are working hard and the only time they have troubled West Ham is lumping it into the big guy up front

Shouldn't have opened this thread. Usual suspects showed themselves up last night as being clueless dickheads.

Same old shite. "Found out" "lost the dressing room" blah blah blah. We've been here three times under Pellegrini and he's ridden every storm out.

People should get used to something. HE won't be going anywhere before the summer of 2016. Bookmark this post. Write it down, I don't give a fuck. But accept it because it is what will happen.

Pellegrini got precisely fuck all wrong yesterday. The players didn't perform, not for the first time, in a domestic cup competition. The manager will carry the can but the explosion of fuckwittery in this thread about how terrible Pellegrini is completely belies the fact he won a double last season, and there's no reason we can't win the title and the CL this season.

Most of the knee jerkers simply judge him on his worst performance completely ignoring the months and months of top performances/results. It's embarrassing and it's predictable. Still we beat Chelsea and they'll all crawl back under their rocks until our next defeat.

BobKowalski said:
mosssideblue said:
BobKowalski said:

Aside from tidbits you hear it is fairly obvious that in a squad of 25 highly motivated highly paid athletes with differing personalities not everyone will be 'loving' the manager. This applies to every squad and every manager and is just the way it is. There will always be some conflict, differing of opinion, disagreement over playing style, not being appreciated enough (Yaya) or whatever. It's not a big deal even if it is important for some to believe that it's a Garden of Eden behind the walls of the CFA.

So, it 's an assumption and not fact, just so we know

Mister Appointment said:
Shouldn't have opened this thread. Usual suspects showed themselves up last night as being clueless dickheads.

Same old shite. "Found out" "lost the dressing room" blah blah blah. We've been here three times under Pellegrini and he's ridden every storm out.

People should get used to something. HE won't be going anywhere before the summer of 2016. Bookmark this post. Write it down, I don't give a fuck. But accept it because it is what will happen.

Pellegrini got precisely fuck all wrong yesterday. The players didn't perform, not for the first time, in a domestic cup competition. The manager will carry the can but the explosion of fuckwittery in this thread about how terrible Pellegrini is completely belies the fact he won a double last season, and there's no reason we can't win the title and the CL this season.

Most of the knee jerkers simply judge him on his worst performance completely ignoring the months and months of top performances/results. It's embarrassing and it's predictable. Still we beat Chelsea and they'll all crawl back under their rocks until our next defeat.

MA - spot on again

mancity1 said:

A lot Comes down to the park bus we get every time we play also

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.