Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
cleavers said:
TGR said:
Even Mark Hughes in his post match interview said they came to the Etihad 'with a plan and a specific way to play' against us...
It worked from the kick off and he went home with 3 points tucked away in his back pocket.
LOL, this "genius" came with a plan to park the bus, and kick anything that moved, and they got lucky, please don't paint that as something it wasn't.

It's a shame Hughes didn't have such clever tactical plans when he managed City. Or maybe he did! ;)

TGR said:
supercity88 said:
hgblue said:
It's laughable to suggest that our problems are nothing to do with our tactical set up, when managers are coming out with the fact that they know we'll play a certain way and they prepare accordingly after they've beaten us. I fear some are joining the manager in full on head in the sand mode if they believe our tactics aren't contributing to the fact that we're way too open and are giving quality opposition way too much time and space in which to play. This needs sorting ASAP or I fear another managerial change is on the cards.

Give over! Sam Allardyce and CSKA's manager?! We were poor in our games against them. They didn't out do us tactically in any way! We beat Fat Sam comfortably home and away last season. Had our players actually performed we would have won our games this season against West Ham and CSKA. The tactics haven't been perfect, I agree that the 4-4-2 isn't working this season. But we've played against far better teams with far more astute managers this season and they've not seemed to outsmart us or understand the way we play.

Even Mark Hughes in his post match interview said they came to the Etihad 'with a plan and a specific way to play' against us...
It worked from the kick off and he went home with 3 points tucked away in his back pocket.
The manager has been sussed out. The reason a lot on here are so frustrated is that even when he knows he been sussed out he doesn't even appear to attempt to change things. Its either stubbornness or stupidity (or maybe a mixture of both!)

he brought on an extra central midfielder after half time .. we looked much more stable but then naive pellegrini decided to take off fernando for dzeko. it did not suprise me that we immediately lost the stability .. we suddenly were more open .. the central players coulnt handle cskas attacks, they were left frustrated and eventually got themselves sent off.

the man is out of control, the club will not go through to the next round with him in charge. we lose 25+ million quid if dont go through to the next round. thats a significant amount of money. it is not unreasonable to dismiss him now.
#pellgrini out

cleavers said:
TGR said:
LOL, this "genius" came with a plan to park the bus, and kick anything that moved, and they got lucky, please don't paint that as something it wasn't.

OK if you say so.

cleavers said:
Kevindxb said:
Mate, don't let your ego get in the way of seeing it as it is. It was exactly that.
My "ego" ? great reply, you haven't the first clue about me, so I suggest you don't talk shit.

No offence intended. No need to use that language.

Kevindxb said:
cleavers said:
Kevindxb said:
Mate, don't let your ego get in the way of seeing it as it is. It was exactly that.
My "ego" ? great reply, you haven't the first clue about me, so I suggest you don't talk shit.

No offence intended. No need to use that language.
If you've got a legitimate point to make then feel free to make it. If you just want to wind up other posters, however then don't complain if they hit back. Now play nicely kiddies.

mastermind said:
TGR said:
supercity88 said:
Give over! Sam Allardyce and CSKA's manager?! We were poor in our games against them. They didn't out do us tactically in any way! We beat Fat Sam comfortably home and away last season. Had our players actually performed we would have won our games this season against West Ham and CSKA. The tactics haven't been perfect, I agree that the 4-4-2 isn't working this season. But we've played against far better teams with far more astute managers this season and they've not seemed to outsmart us or understand the way we play.

The manager has been sussed out. The reason a lot on here are so frustrated is that even when he knows he been sussed out he doesn't even appear to attempt to change things. Its either stubbornness or stupidity (or maybe a mixture of both!)

he brought on an extra central midfielder after half time .. we looked much more stable but then naive pellegrini decided to take off fernando for dzeko. it did not suprise me that we immediately lost the stability .. we suddenly were more open .. the central players coulnt handle cskas attacks, they were left frustrated and eventually got themselves sent off.

the man is out of control, the club will not go through to the next round with him in charge. we lose 25+ million quid if dont go through to the next round. thats a significant amount of money. it is not unreasonable to dismiss him now.
#pellgrini out

Mark Hughes? Sam Allardyce? Bloody hell... why don't we get one of those as a manager! Jose Mourinho, Arsene Wenger, Brendan Rodgers, Luis Van Turtle.... how many did we lose against them this season? So much bollocks. The players played well is that what it was? The players were poor last night and I agree that 4-4-2 wont work in every case. I certainly would like to see a 4-2-3-1 or similar. But to blame the system or write the manager off completely is nonsense. People seem to forget that he does change things, he does switch formations for certain games but he has a belief in what will work IF players perform to their abilities. Did we press well? Did we defend to any level at all? No! We were shocking from the 1st minute and it isn't good enough. No matter how many midfielders are on the pitch we will not win games if the players fail to perform or keep concentration. We haven't managed to play a full 90mins at a decent level yet. Arsenal away was probably our best performance from start to finish in the league.

Like I said give over!

supercity88 said:
I think people are reading too much into his comments. Rather than slate the players publicly or reveal the in depth details of what the issues are he gives a broad and sweeping statement suggesting we just aren't playing to our capability in Europe and he doesn't know why. Are people really still harping on about the issue being 4-4-2 instead of 4-2-3-1? We've shown against more than enough sides that when playing well the 4-4-2 works. We didn't play that way against Bayern but our side should beat Roma and CSKA. They aren't better than the majority of prem teams in which that system works. We have been poor and the manager needs to sort the players out and try to address their confidence. We can see how we get on without Yaya against Bayern and we might have to change things up with different personnel. When we had injuries etc last season he changed the system but our best football has been with the 4-4-2.

I think we need to alter from it because it's just not clicked this season. Negredo and Aguero were brilliant together. Jovetic and Aguero is a new partnership but hasn't looked particularly good and Dzeko and Aguero can be hit and miss. Have we made the same mistakes as last time we had won the league? Failing to move forward? Negredo's 20 odd goals were such a crucial part of things last season. Aguero has never been prolific in Europe and neither has Dzeko yet Negredo scored plenty. Instead we have three strikers of which two play in each game. It doesn't leave much on the bench to change things. Particularly when Navas is already on the pitch and Silva is injured.

We shouldn't be in a position like this where we look so disjointed. I keep expecting for things to pick up but I too am worried that they haven't. I keep my faith in Pellegrini because he got things right last season and he has the experience with this squad to turn things around. We are in a position where we really need Lampard back because he seemed to make things tick! And Silva's return is desperate. This is the biggest test Pellegrini has faced in his time here, yet through luck or otherwise we are still in a strong position. Three points this weekend and Liverpool doing us a favour is a start. Can we beat Bayern and Roma?! Who knows but we are still in it and whilst that is the case then we can't be too down in the dumps.

Sorry but Aguero has 34/64 career total in europe including 15/24 for us so your comment on him is wrong.

TGR said:
supercity88 said:
hgblue said:
It's laughable to suggest that our problems are nothing to do with our tactical set up, when managers are coming out with the fact that they know we'll play a certain way and they prepare accordingly after they've beaten us. I fear some are joining the manager in full on head in the sand mode if they believe our tactics aren't contributing to the fact that we're way too open and are giving quality opposition way too much time and space in which to play. This needs sorting ASAP or I fear another managerial change is on the cards.

Yet strange how Mourinho, arguably just about as sharp as anyone on the planet tactically, couldn't 'suss us out' when we played that way and just about scraped an undeserved draw?
Hughes and Allardyce did nothing unusual (defending with 10 men or pressing us high up the pitch), we were just well below par both times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.