Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just glimpsed at the 'Users Online' at the bottom of the page and had a horrible thought...

I bet Adrian Durham & the Yorkshire Gobshite are on here right now as 'guests' writing up their show for this afternoon...

It's surely not well but though I haven't watched any of their Bundesliga games I've heard from many people that they are battering most of their opponents there but somehow manage to lose most of the times. And they have loads of injuries whole season.

On the other hand they have 12 points and 12:1 GF in 4 CL games.

Awfully strange season at Westfallen. I don't think it defines Klopp as manager though, he got more of that Dortmund team in last few years than they were worth of it.

TGR said:
I just glimpsed at the 'Users Online' at the bottom of the page and had a horrible thought...

I bet Adrian Durham & the Yorkshire Gobshite are on here right now as 'guests' writing up their show for this afternoon...

'Guests' - The irony.....

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
moomba said:
St Helens, you were pretty strongly critical of Pellegrini last season as well IIRC? Then you turned around and loved the bloke when we won the league.

Do you think you might be a bit hasty to rush into judgement on people every now and then?
That the trouble with SHB. Had one good season then turned to shit. But I'm hoping he'll come good again.

You mean I am not towing the party line ????
Go on explain. Am I not allowed to express my opinion that in my opinion he has taken us backwards.
I will say it-We won the league because Liverpool imploded..Yes yes I hear you that the league is won over the 38 games but in reality they gave it us.
He gives us nothing anymore Pellegrini other than his usual mundane answers and press conferences.
My mind is made up,results show we are regressing. Of course you can lose any game but...

Stoke home
Newcastle reserves home..

He's a dead man walking
You've been allowed lots of leeway to express your opinion so don't give me that. The problem is that you're far too wound up about things and there are worse things in life to get wound up about. And it's not that I violently disagree with you about Pellegrini as I've said on here that I don't see him taking us to that last level we're aiming for.

But I do disagree that he'll be given his marching orders mid-season without the club having a clear Plan B. Even Mancini, who'd had a similarly poor run of results and whose relationship with the board, executives and most of his senior players had completely broken down, was given to the end of the season (or would have been if news of Pellegrini hadn't leaked).

His fate will depend on the conversations he has with Soriano & Begiristain. If his attitude in those is that he doesn't have a clue what's wrong or how to fix it, he's history. No question. If however he does have a concrete plan, then he'll be allowed to implement it. A lot may also depend on who we can get to replace him as there's no point in getting someone like Koeman or Martinez, who represent a bigger gamble than Pellegrini. It will have to be someone who has the pedigree and experience to take us that final step, closer to winning the CL than we are at the moment. It may be they've already had conversations with someone and have an understanding in place. It maybe that if Dortmund parted company with Klopp n the next few weeks we'd pounce but I simply don't know.

But however disappointing last night was, we're still in two domestic competitions and could, potentially, win another double. So I appreciate you're a passionate blue but why not chill out, reflect on the things you've got in your life that are blessings and stop getting yourself into a state about a game of football.

BlueDejong said:
If we can get Klopp, Jose will be suck !! Come on, Klopp

If I had a choice I'd prefer Klopp over Pep. With Pep I have this intrinsic fear that we'll end up in a Mourinho situation where the cult of personality around the manager will begin to overshadow the club. Plus with Pep how long before Barca come calling again. I suspect it'll only take a new board of directors for the campaign to bring him back begins.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
I wouldn't mind, all of our opponents are now letting us in on the secret of how they are beating us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First it was Fat Sam and now the Moscow lad.

Not rocket science, survive the initial close down(when we can be bothered) and make one quick pass into midfield.

It's called transition of play.

We don't have one because everything is sideways, so it is still entrenched in the Italian approach imposed by Mancini. It's much easier to combat when up against no urgency or pace.

My issue is that Pellegrini was supposedly lauded for the high press and non-stop energy of his Malaga team?

Perhaps they were just plucky underdogs, without the expectation or ego, so they were able to go that extra yard?

Our work rate without the ball isn't hard enough- Aguero, Fernando, Fernandinho, Milner, Jovetic and Navas press without the ball, Silva and Nasri occasionally press but Yaya tends to track (sometimes) rather than press Dzeko usually gives out about frees not given. A pressing system only works if all the forward players commit to it and have the rule that unless the ball is won back quickly we re-shape and drop back.

Last season in our home games the press wasn't too bad and we got in the habit of pushing and pushing teams till we scored as they simply couldn't get out of their half and we pulled them out of shape and found gaps.

This year our press isn't good enough so instead of forcing teams into conceding possession they have easy out balls. we can't squeeze them the same way and if anything all we are doing is committing numbers to slow attacks that are easy to defend and great to counter attack.

Our tempo in attack is nowhere near high enough either as we move the ball far too slowly. Last season Fernandinho was key for us but we haven't got the same player back from the world cup yet.

Ultimately it's the balance in midfield and attack that hasn't been right this season. Neither Fernandinho or Fernando has quite been up to it this season. Yaya isn't firing yet. Without Silva we find it hard to pick the right balls and runs to get Navas and Milner in behind. Nasri hasn't been fit or in form this season and Jovetic is either on a different wavelength or trying too hard.

cleavers said:
shemnel said:
Klopp is a funny one, it's almost the mirror image of our situation.

To simply point at Dortmund's position in the league, with 7 pts from 10 games, is similarly disingenuous as City's 20 pts from 10 games - Dortmund have been playing pretty well actually and you can tell that they are going to start picking up points where as with City our points haul is pretty good but it's hard to say that we've played well for 90 minutes yet.
So to sum up, 7 points form 30 is OK because they're playing "well", but 20 points from 30 isn't because we're not playing well enough. Genius.

hehe, you read far too much into things my friend. I was merely responding to the original post which was writing off Klopp because they had 7 pts from 30, therefore he and Dortmund are no good.

I was merely highlighting that Dortmund have actually been ok on the pitch and in a similar statistical 'cover-up', City have been pretty shoddy and yet picked up the points. it's a quirk, that's all.

BlueDejong said:
If we can get Klopp, Jose will be suck !! Come on, Klopp

klopp wont be able to implement his philosphy with the kind of players we got.

pellegrini and klopp are exactly the same in the way they like their teams to defend. it is high pressure, high intensity, aggressive non stop running ... our players dont like this ..

shemnel said:
cleavers said:
shemnel said:
Klopp is a funny one, it's almost the mirror image of our situation.

To simply point at Dortmund's position in the league, with 7 pts from 10 games, is similarly disingenuous as City's 20 pts from 10 games - Dortmund have been playing pretty well actually and you can tell that they are going to start picking up points where as with City our points haul is pretty good but it's hard to say that we've played well for 90 minutes yet.
So to sum up, 7 points form 30 is OK because they're playing "well", but 20 points from 30 isn't because we're not playing well enough. Genius.

hehe, you read far too much into things my friend. I was merely responding to the original post which was writing off Klopp because they had 7 pts from 30, therefore he and Dortmund are no good.

I was merely highlighting that Dortmund have actually been ok on the pitch and in a similar statistical 'cover-up', City have been pretty shoddy and yet picked up the points. it's a quirk, that's all.
Its not a "quirk" at all, its facts. I didn't say Klopp nor Dortmund were "no good", just that right now, we are in a healthier position in the domestic league than they are.

I don't know how the Dortmund fans see things, but I doubt they are happy, injuries or not, with being in the relegation zone. Their next game is home against 3rd placed Gladbach, hardly a nailed on win, and if Werder beat Stuttgart, they could well find themselves bottom of the league 1/3 of the way through the season, and with a real prospect of being out of the CL next year. That could be a situation that the club finds untenable I don't know, but it would hardly be an endorsement for bringing him here as an upgrade would it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.