Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mister Appointment said:
Lets not forget that Chelsea having lost to Bradford at home, now face Liverpool at home tomorrow night.
I think many have, and its now a one off cup tie, and Mourinho won't want to waste a chance of a trophy, especially now he's also out of the other competition, he also knows that a draw on Saturday will be a good result.

Totally agree on our set pieces, and that the coaching staff as a whole need to get a grip of them, not just on taking and defending them, but the giving away of ones in poor areas, and that is often down to us diving in defensively, to get on the attack quickly, its often counter productive, no matter how much the manager likes it.

Injuries have obviously played a part in some of the defensive changes, but Kolarov and Sagna haven't inspired me at any point defensively all season, Kolarov can add something to the attack, but rarely does he add much to the defence, and its here we need to tighten up for me, and soon.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
chris85mcfc said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
I must have missed Mark Hughes signing Zab and Komps, then?

I didn't say Mancini did sign them, i said they were the core players from the Mancini era, and they still are.

If the inflation has changed on buying players, then it has also changed on selling players, so that kind of evens itself out. Also the fact that during that £500 million spend, we were seen as a cash cow, and every club from the likes of Villa to Real Madrid were happy to milk everything they could out of us.

And also that £500 million spend got us a team that has arguably been the best in England for 3-4 years, and has got us to where we are today, and has also won us 2 league titles an FA cup and a league cup, so id say it was money well spent, but i don't think the £130 million spent since Pellegrini has come in has been money well spent.

Can you see what you are saying right here, though?

So £500m buys you a team befitting of winning trophies?

Yet £130m over two years, having matched in one season, what it took Mancini three, is something Pellegrini should be pulled up over?

You have perfectly highlighted the financial reality between the two tenure's right there, as FFP kicked in.

As for the financial landscape. Teams saw us coming, as you say.

Those players did, also.

And the inflated wages to make us more attractive was also the reason we were not able to realise anywhere market value for Adebayor, Robinho and Tevez when they were sold on.
it's also very difficult for us to pass through the eye of a needle, or is it a camel?

George Hannah said:
cleavers said:
George Hannah said:
it will be bad news for us if his record isn't bettered
It's still pretty irrelevant going on about it, as we have the manager we have, and the one we don't have, we'll never have again, unless we have a change of owner, which would certainly be bad news.
The study of our history helps in not repeating mistakes

What mistake should we not repeat?

cleavers said:
Mister Appointment said:
Lets not forget that Chelsea having lost to Bradford at home, now face Liverpool at home tomorrow night.
I think many have, and its now a one off cup tie, and Mourinho won't want to waste a chance of a trophy, especially now he's also out of the other competition, he also knows that a draw on Saturday will be a good result.

Totally agree on our set pieces, and that the coaching staff as a whole need to get a grip of them, not just on taking and defending them, but the giving away of ones in poor areas, and that is often down to us diving in defensively, to get on the attack quickly, its often counter productive, no matter how much the manager likes it.

Injuries have obviously played a part in some of the defensive changes, but Kolarov and Sagna haven't inspired me at any point defensively all season, Kolarov can add something to the attack, but rarely does he add much to the defence, and its here we need to tighten up for me, and soon.

I think Sagna's had an unnecessarily rough ride from City watchers. For me hasn't been anywhere near as bad as people make out and certainly defensively is a million miles ahead of Kolarov.

With Kolarov I'm at a total loss as to why we gave him a new contract and didn't go out looking for a new LB last summer. He's been the obvious weak link in that back four for some time now, even taking into account his purple patch in an attacking sense in the run in last season.

I know i'm probably asking for too much, but what about a 1-1 draw followed by extra time for those Chelsea legs tomorrow night. :)

Just read that Guardiola is heading to City in the summer. Both Sky and Bild said that he and Sammer Matthias had an furious verbal attack on each other and Guardiola is heading to City. If this comes true, than this would be the best transfer for us. Guardiola could attract massive players for normal fees and salaries. I surely hope so!

Mister Appointment said:
cleavers said:
Mister Appointment said:

I think Sagna's had an unnecessarily rough ride from City watchers. For me hasn't been anywhere near as bad as people make out and certainly defensively is a million miles ahead of Kolarov.

With Kolarov I'm at a total loss as to why we gave him a new contract and didn't go out looking for a new LB last summer. He's been the obvious weak link in that back four for some time now, even taking into account his purple patch in an attacking sense in the run in last season.

I know i'm probably asking for too much, but what about a 1-1 draw followed by extra time for those Chelsea legs tomorrow night. :)

Agree with all of that. Sagna is defensively decent but has suffered from starting in weakened sides. He is very solid defensively but not quick as aggressive going forward as Zabaleta.

Kolarov has been woeful this season even accounting for his injury. He doesn't seem that committed in defence or attack and we have looked at worst in games he started.

Didsbury Dave said:
George Hannah said:
cleavers said:
It's still pretty irrelevant going on about it, as we have the manager we have, and the one we don't have, we'll never have again, unless we have a change of owner, which would certainly be bad news.
The study of our history helps in not repeating mistakes
What mistake should we not repeat?
hobbling a manager the CEO doesn't like by reducing the transfer kitty?

Mister Appointment said:
cleavers said:
Mister Appointment said:

Hello. Maybe because perhaps Kolarov has the best crosses in the world. Kolarov is perfect when we play a smaller team, who defends for 90 min, and we play with 2 strikers. He s a good sub. But we do need a proper lb who can play 30 games per season at the same level - high!

rapidCT said:
Just read that Guardiola is heading to City in the summer. Both Sky and Bild said that he and Sammer Matthias had an furious verbal attack on each other and Guardiola is heading to City. If this comes true, than this would be the best transfer for us. Guardiola could attract massive players for normal fees and salaries. I surely hope so!

Bayern are denying it but there's no escaping the past tense nature of Pep's comments regarding his time at Bayern and his new contract.

I wonder if it's the lack of any challenge in the Bundesliga which is making Pep think he should move on. I do think he'll see his contract out though if I'm honest, or at least that'll be his intention. With all the egos at executive level in Munich though it'll be interesting to see if they allow him to do that or if they say to him at the end of this season, "sign a new deal or do one".

Mister Appointment said:
rapidCT said:

Bayern are denying it but there's no escaping the past tense nature of Pep's comments regarding his time at Bayern and his new contract.

I wonder if it's the lack of any challenge in the Bundesliga which is making Pep think he should move on. I do think he'll see his contract out though if I'm honest, or at least that'll be his intention. With all the egos at executive level in Munich though it'll be interesting to see if they allow him to do that or if they say to him at the end of this season, "sign a new deal or do one".
Surely not coming here, Manuel has a contract for two more years after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.