Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
George Hannah said:
Mister Appointment said:
rapidCT said:
Just read that Guardiola is heading to City in the summer. Both Sky and Bild said that he and Sammer Matthias had an furious verbal attack on each other and Guardiola is heading to City. If this comes true, than this would be the best transfer for us. Guardiola could attract massive players for normal fees and salaries. I surely hope so!

Bayern are denying it but there's no escaping the past tense nature of Pep's comments regarding his time at Bayern and his new contract.

I wonder if it's the lack of any challenge in the Bundesliga which is making Pep think he should move on. I do think he'll see his contract out though if I'm honest, or at least that'll be his intention. With all the egos at executive level in Munich though it'll be interesting to see if they allow him to do that or if they say to him at the end of this season, "sign a new deal or do one".
Surely not coming here, Manuel has a contract for two more years after all.

Nope Pellegrini has one more season after this one.

George Hannah said:
Mister Appointment said:
rapidCT said:
Just read that Guardiola is heading to City in the summer. Both Sky and Bild said that he and Sammer Matthias had an furious verbal attack on each other and Guardiola is heading to City. If this comes true, than this would be the best transfer for us. Guardiola could attract massive players for normal fees and salaries. I surely hope so!

Bayern are denying it but there's no escaping the past tense nature of Pep's comments regarding his time at Bayern and his new contract.

I wonder if it's the lack of any challenge in the Bundesliga which is making Pep think he should move on. I do think he'll see his contract out though if I'm honest, or at least that'll be his intention. With all the egos at executive level in Munich though it'll be interesting to see if they allow him to do that or if they say to him at the end of this season, "sign a new deal or do one".

Don't worry, we've learned from our mistakes. Pellegrini won't be being shunted out the back door with a half a dozen kitchen knives in his back. If the plan is for Pep to come in, it'll all be done with Manuel's blessing! :)

Mister Appointment said:
Don't worry, we've learned from our mistakes. Pellegrini won't be being shunted out the back door with a half a dozen kitchen knives in his back. If the plan is for Pep to come in, it'll all be done with Manuel's blessing! :)

When Pep visited the Etihad few months back, even when the rumours of him being linked to city were high, Manuel actually said to Pep that he could see him managing in the Premier League.

A lot of class on that Manuel.

Mister Appointment said:
George Hannah said:
Mister Appointment said:

Bayern showed how it's done with poor old Jupp

George Hannah said:
Didsbury Dave said:
George Hannah said:
The study of our history helps in not repeating mistakes
What mistake should we not repeat?
hobbling a manager the CEO doesn't like by reducing the transfer kitty?

Yes, I'm sure our CEO sets the transfer budget purely to ensure we don't do well.

And man never landed on the moon.

Mister Appointment said:
rapidCT said:

Spain(Real/Barca) or England is the place to be nowadays. He already been to Spain. As you said, he has no contest in Germany any more.. And we do have Soriano and Begiristain. We did have Hughes, Mancini and now Pellegrini. Constant improving. It s time to get to the last level - Guardiola.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
So £500m buys you a team befitting of winning trophies?

Yet £130m over two years, having matched in one season, what it took Mancini three, is something Pellegrini should be pulled up over?

That comparison is rather pointless without considering that Mancini took over a team that hadn't won anything in decades, was miles away from winning the title and was struggling a bit under Hughes. Pellegrini took over a team that had won the league, FA cup a year previously and been in another final and had just finished second in the previous season.

Not exactly comparing apples with apples.

Both have their plus points but neither seem able to get the team playing better than the sum of its parts.

Sergi0 Na5r1 said:
Mister Appointment said:

When Pep visited the Etihad few months back, even when the rumours of him being linked to city were high, Manuel actually said to Pep that he could see him managing in the Premier League.

A lot of class on that Manuel.
He's in on the secret.

MP is a great professional. i am sure that he has enjoyed his success with MCFC and appreciates the ambience created by the owners.

However, he came to England towards the end of his career and I certainly don't get the sense that he'd be that bothered if he went back to Spain or Chile to the end of his working life.

I am sure that a diamond-encrusted golden handshake would smooth his exit. Not that I want him to go but the thought of Pep in charge [in due course] is certainly an attractive one.

coleridge said:
MP is a great professional. i am sure that he has enjoyed his success with MCFC and appreciates the ambience created by the owners.

However, he came to England towards the end of his career and I certainly don't get the sense that he'd be that bothered if he went back to Spain or Chile to the end of his working life.

I am sure that a diamond-encrusted golden handshake would smooth his exit. Not that I want him to go but the thought of Pep in charge [in due course] is certainly an attractive one.
Just the rumors about Pep made my day. If he would come to the club, then we can say we entered the last stage of our development and we can count as CL winners.
As for MP, I think it s time for him to go on an manage a national team. It would be the perfect job for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.