Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OB1 said:
Both Pellers and Mancini limited the amount of rotation in the latter part of the title winning seasons and I would expect Pellegrini to use his stongest side more frequently as the season progresses; especially if we fail to get past Barca and particularly in respect of the defence.
To be fair, if we keep getting knocked out of everything, it will be far easier to play the best 11 every match :o)

unicorn said:
My memory isn't what it was but I do remember best football I've ever seen (except at Spurs) a month or do ago at Saints and Mackems under Pellegrini. Flappers.
You're not required to sign off a post on here, but if you do then please do it with your registered username and not some nickname a wag in the yard's given you, ta.

Didsbury Dave said:
George Hannah said:
Didsbury Dave said:
What mistake should we not repeat?
hobbling a manager the CEO doesn't like by reducing the transfer kitty?
Yes, I'm sure our CEO sets the transfer budget purely to ensure we don't do well.
And man never landed on the moon.
When the colossus of football knowledge tells us that Nasty, Garcia, Rodwell & Sinclair were the signings to take the league champions to the next level - I am persuaded to believe that man has indeed landed on the moon.

George Hannah said:
Didsbury Dave said:
George Hannah said:
Yes, I'm sure our CEO sets the transfer budget purely to ensure we don't do well.
When the colossus of football knowledge tells us that Nasty, Garcia, Rodwell & Sinclair were the signings to take the champions to the next level
I am persuaded to believe that man has indeed landed on the moon.

when someone produces a certificate to prove your sanity I will credit the man who sets up "Numpties Anonymous" to provide you with the required therapy.

George Hannah said:
Didsbury Dave said:
George Hannah said:
When the colossus of football knowledge tells us that Nasty, Garcia, Rodwell & Sinclair were the signings to take the league champions to the next level - I am persuaded to believe that man has indeed landed on the moon.

Txiki pulled the wool over the sheikh and khaldoon's eyes but not yours, eh George?

Check out the big brain on you. He spunked that £50 million up the wall on purpose and you got him nailed.

cookster said:
de niro said:
here's a question for you all.

can you ever see a pelligrini side going to the swamp and winning 6-1?

dont get me wrong i'd always take any win but when we win a game these days its always on a knife edge.

Strange question but I challenge you to watch the 1-6 and 0-3 games. I think you'll find the 0-3 was a much more comprehensive performance plus that was against 11 men.

In the 1-6 we scored 3 goals very late, 90 mins plus

By the time we got there Moyes Man U was on life support. Hyde FC would have given us a tougher match. It was lovely to watch but it lacked the psychological impact of the 1-6. The football had nothing to do with it. It was the sheer shock value of turning up at Man U, who were PL Champions at the time and with Taggart at the helm, and woman slapping them senseless and scoring 6 goals. No one - absolutely no one saw it coming. Papers beforehand were all running an interview with Hughes patting City on the head and how they could never hope to get to Man U's level. We just didn't have the same level of teamwork or leadership yada, yada. The whole day was just simply glorious. You punted it as a script including Tshirts and burning bathrooms it would have been dismissed as outlandish nonsense.

The other result that had people shaking their heads in disbelief was the 2-4 with Chelsea. It had handshake gate and shock value and that is what Pellers has to do. Write his own great chapter and this Saturday would be an excellent place to start. Instead of trying to shit on the 1-6 because it happened under the 'wrong manager' lets look forward to Pellers adding to them. A big win at Chelsea or against Barca or both and we are back on course and this endless stupid bickering can be laid to rest. Well until the next iffy result anyway.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
George Hannah said:
Didsbury Dave said:
When the colossus of football knowledge tells us that Nasty, Garcia, Rodwell & Sinclair were the signings to take the champions to the next level
I am persuaded to believe that man has indeed landed on the moon.

when someone produces a certificate to prove your sanity I will credit the man who sets up "Numpties Anonymous" to provide you with the required therapy.
Surely you're the man for that job? The biggest numpty on the dingleberry bush. Anywy well done for coming out.

George Hannah said:
Didsbury Dave said:
George Hannah said:

Id' love to know whose decision it was to sign that illustrious quartet. We know for one it wasn't Mancini because of his hissy fit with Marwood at the time. You've left out Maicon from the list btw.

Having said that I'm yet to be convinced that for the money they cost Fernandinho, Fernando, Mangala, Jovetic and Navas are any better. And there in lies our problem not the manager; , unless of course he's chose them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.