Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BluessinceHydeRoad said:
de niro said:
here's a question for you all.

can you ever see a pelligrini side going to the swamp and winning 6-1?

dont get me wrong i'd always take any win but when we win a game these days its always on a knife edge.

Yep. Spot on. We've never scored more than 150 goals in a season while Pellegrini's been here.

The point was whether Blues could see us winning 6-1 at the swamp with Pellers in charge and I can't.

I am just happy for every Derby win under Pellers and Mancini. We've had a great 5 years and hopefully Manuel will be considered a City legend too in time!

Some good posts in recent pages, constant readers will know which ones I refer to.

One point I want to pick up on is rotation. I was in favour of playing the side we intend to use v Chelsea against Boro as preparation for the visit to the Bridge. I was not in favour of Milner in central midfield - I am not one of his fanboys - although I would have played him out wide. That said, the team selected should have been well capable of defeating Boro and playing Boyata was not the cause of defeat. Given the team selected v Boro, I would have liked to see Silva attempt to play the Yaya role.

I happen to think that we won two trophies last year because we rotated players and when the run-in came along, we had players with the legs to finish strongly. Both Pellers and Mancini limited the amount of rotation in the latter part of the title winning seasons and I would expect Pellegrini to use his stongest side more frequently as the season progresses; especially if we fail to get past Barca and particularly in respect of the defence.

OB1 said:
Some good posts in recent pages, constant readers will know which ones I refer to.

One point I want to pick up on is rotation. I was in favour of playing the side we intend to use v Chelsea against Boro as preparation for the visit to the Bridge. I was not in favour of Milner in central midfield - I am not one of his fanboys - although I would have played him out wide. That said, the team selected should have been well capable of defeating Boro and playing Boyata was not the cause of defeat. Given the team selected v Boro, I would have liked to see Silva attempt to play the Yaya role.

I happen to think that we won two trophies last year because we rotated players and when the run-in came along, we had players with the legs to finish strongly. Both Pellers and Mancini limited the amount of rotation in the latter part of the title winning seasons and I would expect Pellegrini to use his stongest side more frequently as the season progresses; especially if we fail to get past Barca and particularly in respect of the defence.

One deficiency in both Milner's and Fernando's passing is the need to control the ball before spreading play. Yaya can do this in one motion with ease or exchange short passes until the right moment to play the incisive ball. Thus Yaya gives the oppostion les time to react and his passing is less predictable.

Playing Milner in Central midfield smacked of rewarding a contract rebel. That may be a bit harsh given Milner's selfless performances as a lone striker!

de niro said:
here's a question for you all.

can you ever see a pelligrini side going to the swamp and winning 6-1?

dont get me wrong i'd always take any win but when we win a game these days its always on a knife edge.

Strange question but I challenge you to watch the 1-6 and 0-3 games. I think you'll find the 0-3 was a much more comprehensive performance plus that was against 11 men.

In the 1-6 we scored 3 goals very late, 90 mins plus

Tim of the Oak said:
OB1 said:

One deficiency in both Milner's and Fernando's passing is the need to control the ball before spreading play. Yaya can do this in one motion with ease or exchange short passes until the right moment to play the incisive ball. Thus Yaya gives the oppostion les time to react and his passing is less predictable.

Playing Milner in Central midfield smacked of rewarding a contract rebel. That may be a bit harsh given Milner's selfless performances as a lone striker!

There were examples of just that in the game, with Milner taking too long to make the obvious pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.