Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The QPR game cant come soon enough now,it will tell us plenty about the attitude and thinking of both the team and manager.I think it will be positive.

The cookie monster said:
cleavers said:
The cookie monster said:
A fuckin parasite to our club you are
That's constructive NOT.

Cut the personal shit out, or we'll have to do it.
Two other posters started the shit stirring, it was just fine before that

Chill out mate, not worth losing your patience over it. I think it was a general warning rather than aimed just at you.

I do find it mad how as soon as we hit a bump in the road everyone loses their head. I wonder how some of you survived Swales, Ball et al.

I trusted the owners when they sacked Bobby (i thanked them when they sacked Hughes) i trust them to do the right thing with Manuel. The investment and the fact we are even talking champions league has earned them that trust.

FantasyIreland said:
The QPR game cant come soon enough now,it will tell us plenty about the attitude and thinking of both the team and manager.I think it will be positive.
I'll be shocked if we win. But if we do, then mini-crisis over.

Marvin said:
FantasyIreland said:
I honestly dont think things are as bad as being made out Marv.Pellegrini needs to play the best system for our players,and with a bit of ovedue luck the confidence will return and we'll be good to go again!

Marvin said:
FantasyIreland said:

I agree but the mini crisis won't be over dependant on how the players firstly respond. If the game is not going to plan then Pellegrini will be under scrutiny to make tactical changes to swing the game in our favour.

Marvin said:
FantasyIreland said:
I'm not sure it will be over, but at least we'll all get a break from it, 3 defeats in 5 with our players, is still in my book a mini crisis. If we win 5 or 6 in a row I'd call it over.

Marvin said:
cibaman said:
blue ranger said:
I think it's too early to even think about sacking. His major fuck up was picking our best player silva in the game v Newcastle.

We know that pellers is naive tactically, despite what one or two on here would lead us to believe. But we have to hope last night was the low point and he has learned and that he will have a plan B, particularly when we are in Europe or playing the best teams. It will be interesting to see what team he picks. We know we are in foran aerial bombardment.

Still not sure he has an eye for a player though - only hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, silva, Yaya and Aguero would get anywhere near the top teams in Europe.

Its not so much that he's naive tactically, he just doesnt seem interested in tactics at all.
I think he believes that City have really good players and should be able to impose their football on the opposition

You don't need to be overly clever to beat CSKA. You just need to be focused defensively, and to move the ball quickly. The two things we did not do.

The capitulation at Moscow was not tactical.

Blame for both situations lies with the players.

Not sure I agree with that. CSKA brought on Doumbia at half time, changed their shape, upped their tempo. We carried on as before. It was one of those situations where you could expect the manager to tweak the system. Not completely change it, just respond to their last throw of the dice. But it was almost as if we hadnt noticed what they were doing differently.

There is a simple explanation really and it's becoming ever clearer now. Pellers is a lucky manager, in so far as somehow he got the gig with us despite having no tactical nous whatsoever. looks like he just selects 11 players ,starts off 4-4-2 and hopes for the best. Never changes no matter who the opposition is and seems to be quite happy to see us being over run in midfield almost every game now. The biggest criticism I have of him is that in a few short months he has managed to take away the power it took us the most of 40 years to regain. Our fear factor. . Mancini for all his faults had the opposition running scared of us every game. No one fears us now and that is most damning indictment of all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.