Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
B\connellblue said:
There is a simple explanation really and it's becoming ever clearer now. Pellers is a lucky manager, in so far as somehow he got the gig with us despite having no tactical nous whatsoever..

How can a coach with no tactical nous do with a Malaga team full of greenhorns and journeymen what he did against Dortmund? Over 180 minutes, he was one incorrect decision away from an aggregate win over a team that completely and utterly outclassed us not too long before.

I wonder how more managers before the inquest turns to the actual players...

I mean Mancini and Pellegrini are like chalk and cheese but both faced/facing the same problems in the "year after" with completely different approaches to the game.

Our football last season was probably the greatest in City history, now suddenly it isn't.

Last night was actually comical to look at pellers totally bewildered with his dopey assistant.

At half time I finally thought he had grasped that 4-4-2 wasn't working. But we seemed to push both Yaya and Fernandinho forwards and then 10 mins later panicked and went straight back to his default 4-4-2.

He is tactically inept - we have to hope he has had a bollocking today. Everybody watching the game last night knew we were wide open to counter attack. Have been all season, will be on sat.

blue ranger said:
Last night was actually comical to look at pellers totally bewildered with his dopey assistant.

At half time I finally thought he had grasped that 4-4-2 wasn't working. But we seemed to push both Yaya and Fernandinho forwards and then 10 mins later panicked and went straight back to his default 4-4-2.

He is tactically inept - we have to hope he has had a bollocking today. Everybody watching the game last night knew we were wide open to counter attack. Have been all season, will be on sat.

You can leave Ruben out of this entirely

Mini crisis or bad luck. He must feel that decisions is going against him but with this squad we are more than good enough to win the games we play in. I think we will get it right. I think Pellers will get them going again. To be honest he must know if we continue to go like we are he will be finding it hard to hold onto his job. I honestly think he is the right man. I think he has his go to men and his go to men aint doing it on the pitch this season so far.

B\connellblue said:
There is a simple explanation really and it's becoming ever clearer now. Pellers is a lucky manager, in so far as somehow he got the gig with us despite having no tactical nous whatsoever. looks like he just selects 11 players ,starts off 4-4-2 and hopes for the best. Never changes no matter who the opposition is and seems to be quite happy to see us being over run in midfield almost every game now. The biggest criticism I have of him is that in a few short months he has managed to take away the power it took us the most of 40 years to regain. Our fear factor. . Mancini for all his faults had the opposition running scared of us every game. No one fears us now and that is most damning indictment of all.

You're going a tad OTT we're 6 points behind Chelsea who are bound to slip up at some point with 28 games left. I really would like back to back league trophies before I start to give a toss about the CL anyway. If you think back to Mancini's final game as well Wigan were hardly running scared of us so to a degree that bit is bollocks.

Paul Lake's Left Knee said:
blue ranger said:

Why - honestly never seen him move during the game. At times I wonder whether he is asleep lol

blue ranger said:
blue ranger said:

Why - honestly never seen him move during the game. At times I wonder whether he is asleep lol

Ruben is a legend, he goes mental when we score and has a cult following amongst some of us. I'd be sadder to see him go than Pellers.

Just blame everyone/anyone but the players who are the ones letting the fans down at the moment.

The cookie monster said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
KnaresboroughBlue said:
Exactly and the loudest calls for him to go were from the same people who now say it's too early to judge.

Didn't take the Mancini inners long to get their cocks out I see. Seriously though, is there a point to that post, unless you think his position was tenable in the long term?
It was a point that needed making & no ones geting their cocks out, your the first person to bring the term Mancini inners up.

Do you not see a similarity in the two seasons?

Without wishing to stir the pot, because I am not interested in revisiting old debates, but one big difference is how long both had had in the role as MCFC manager. Pellegrini is in the early stages of his second season, after doing a double in his first and keeping his team in four competitions for longer than any previous City manager. This time last year, people were calling for Pellegrini's head but he did fine in the end so he merits some patience, IMO.

blue ranger said:
blue ranger said:

Nobody, and I mean nobody, disrespects Ruben.

Capiche ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.