Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prestwich_Blue said:
blue ranger said:
Paul Lake's Left Knee said:
You can leave Ruben out of this entirely

Why - honestly never seen him move during the game. At times I wonder whether he is asleep lol
Ruben doesn't need to move. He transmits his thoughts via brainwaves.

Ruben once told Chuck Norris to fuck off. And lived. Fact.

BongoBlue said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
blue ranger said:
Why - honestly never seen him move during the game. At times I wonder whether he is asleep lol
Ruben doesn't need to move. He transmits his thoughts via brainwaves.

Ruben once told Chuck Norris to fuck off. And lived. Fact.
Ruben is Glauber Berti's father.

blue ranger said:
Last night was actually comical to look at pellers totally bewildered with his dopey assistant.

At half time I finally thought he had grasped that 4-4-2 wasn't working. But we seemed to push both Yaya and Fernandinho forwards and then 10 mins later panicked and went straight back to his default 4-4-2.

He is tactically inept - we have to hope he has had a bollocking today. Everybody watching the game last night knew we were wide open to counter attack. Have been all season, will be on sat.

This is the thing that boggled my mind. I thought, great we are finally going 433, yet both Yaya and Ferd were playing way up the pitch, still leaving us with only 1 holding player. It was unbelievable.

Uptopbob said:
blue ranger said:
Last night was actually comical to look at pellers totally bewildered with his dopey assistant.

At half time I finally thought he had grasped that 4-4-2 wasn't working. But we seemed to push both Yaya and Fernandinho forwards and then 10 mins later panicked and went straight back to his default 4-4-2.

He is tactically inept - we have to hope he has had a bollocking today. Everybody watching the game last night knew we were wide open to counter attack. Have been all season, will be on sat.

This is the thing that boggled my mind. I thought, great we are finally going 433, yet both Yaya and Ferd were playing way up the pitch, still leaving us with only 1 holding player. It was unbelievable.
It was unbelievable how little difference it made, in fact how chaotic it looked with Milner, Nasri, and Yaya running about like headless chickens achieving next to nothing, we had 2 shots on target all second half, none in that period as I remember.

cleavers said:
Uptopbob said:
blue ranger said:

It was unbelievable how little difference it made, in fact how chaotic it looked with Milner, Nasri, and Yaya running about like headless chickens achieving next to nothing, we had 2 shots on target all second half, none in that period as I remember.

What made me laugh and at this point anger had gone was when we had milner, aguero, nasri and ya ya all on the left and cska won the ball back passed it left and the only city player on the right hand side of the field was Zabaleta

The fact we played better with 9 men shows we are a team of individuals poorly coached by a nice bloke

Whilst at it, why was Fenando playing higher up the pitch than Fernandino? Fernando is never a playmaker and Fernandino not a holding mid. Just bizarre.

Given the scale of shitness last night I do wonder if that will prove to be Pellegrini's 1-8 away to Middlesborough? Losing at home in the tournament, THE tournament that the owner has prioritised for so long. And the embarrassment of the indiscipline and finishing with 9 men. Nasri nearly made it 8 men, which would have been even more embarrassing.

I think Pellegrini's going to have to win the league in order to survive this, and even that may not be enough.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJSEsC0vens[/video]

just by looking at a few goals you can tell the difference in the speed that we passed, moved and broke on teams. A million miles away now.

Chippy_boy said:
Whilst at it, why was Fenando playing higher up the pitch than Fernandino? Fernando is never a playmaker and Fernandino not a holding mid. Just bizarre.

The only bizarre thing is why you would make such a comment? Fernando's average position on the pitch was the bottom edge of the centre circle in the City half; Dinho's average position for the relatively short time the two were on the park was just inside the opposition half. So Nando was not higher up the pitch than Dinho.

You can see these things very clearly from the tactical line-ups available on the UEFA website.

Rösler von Stretfordbömber said:
skybluepete said:
Ray78 said:
A manager who plays a similar system at Atletico Madrid and is known to be a loose cannon,

I could deal with the loose cannon bit if he gets the best out of his players and he isn't tactically naive - i like a manager with some fire in his belly tbh

(Fast-forwards to Bluemoon circa 2015) "Simeone FFS always playing two strikers! Plays same way against every club!!!"

Because that is pretty much how he runs Atletico. Plus that Atletico system - you'd need to get rid of half the squad straight off and get in and bedded a whole new group of players that would fit it. One would be Dzeko - he would stay and a lot of our fans would just LOVVVVVE that I am sure.

Pellers is the least of the problem for this club. We are more or less exactly replicating the 2012-13 season both in England and Europe. Last time it was with a dictatorial hard case who fought with players on the training ground. And who mixed up his tactics much more (though interestingly if I remember correctly Mancini started at Bayern away with one striker as Pellers did this year at Bayern.)

This time - totally different manager. To me, one could be simplistic as all fuck and just put it down to "two strikers." Ooooh, so no Simeone and why don't we get Carlo Ancelotti! (looks at team sheet for Real-Liverpool match the other day with Tranny and Benzema in a 4-4-2). Uh, never mind that then.

No, it is the fucking players. It is the one thing that is a constant the last several years. If you want to say "Pellers" or his system is the problem I think your head is firmly in the sand.

I think our ownership and DoF are not the type to just go firing people after a couple bad results. And I am glad for that. That's no way to run a football club. Or anything else for that matter.

But yeah, a bad showing for the EPL and certainly I am sure they will look at making a change after the year.

Mate - 4-4-2 is good , like any formation if it works for that team, the trouble is 4-4-2 isn't working for us, we haven't got the players to play it or the right players aren't being picked to play it - yaya just cant play in a 2 man central midfield he needs to be in a 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.