Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tim of the Oak said:
de niro said:
Tim of the Oak said:
I must have missed Moyes winning the Prem and the League Cup.

Often Pellers sees things before us the fans including:
- picking Boyata versus Sunderland this season.
- favouring Dzeko over Begredo in the title run in
- sticking with Garcia in the title run in when many fans would have driven him to the airport.
- dropping Joe and bring back in the team at the right team.
- subtle changes in formations in several games (when some people on here claim "he just picks 4-4-2" and other claim "he favours a lone striker"

Yes Pellers has had a shit month but he's a top coach who can bounce back and get the lads performing again!

he is a top class coach, he still has to be questioned though when he drops clangers. my worry is he doesn't seem to learn. lets see how he does from today and when he has bony and yaya added to the squad.
if he gets a run going and a little good luck instead of bad all this will blow over.

Agreed. Saturday's team selection was a shocker!

yep. i can't think there would be anyone in football, fan, player or manager who would have put that side out.
shocking error.

de niro said:
Tim of the Oak said:
de niro said:
he is a top class coach, he still has to be questioned though when he drops clangers. my worry is he doesn't seem to learn. lets see how he does from today and when he has bony and yaya added to the squad.
if he gets a run going and a little good luck instead of bad all this will blow over.

Agreed. Saturday's team selection was a shocker!

yep. i can't think there would be anyone in football, fan, player or manager who would have put that side out.
shocking error.

I'm not sure that's correct.

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=310135&hilit=hull

I still believe in him .
But that's because I had few pints at the PUB .
Tomorrow big day for Manuel I hope he delivers .
It's massive tomorrow

Tim of the Oak said:
hilts said:
de niro said:
i think we all want pellers to survive, what he has to do though is change.
stop rotating
stop underestimating opponents.
change the training programme, its leading to too many injuries.
pick the best, not cos of price tag.

You pay top dollar for a manager to see things before a supporter does, if he needs you or me or anyone else to tell him how to do the job better, he ain't worth employing i mean you cannot even be classed as an average manager if you haven't yet grasped that picking the best team and knowing your opposition is quite important

A lot of us are either very wrong about him or he is the spanish equivalent of Moyes, one way of doing things and cannot adapt to a new situation, it will take some turnaround between now and the end of the season to convince me he isn't a one trick pony

Nice fella though

- sticking with Garcia in the title run in when many fans would have driven him to the airport.
- subtle changes in formations in several games (when some people on here claim "he just picks 4-4-2" and other claim "he favours a lone striker"

Yes Pellers has had a shit month but he's a top coach who can bounce back and get the lads performing again!

I like Pellers. He turned my opinions of him around by December 2013. Indeed, he will do a good job for any team over the long term.
BUT our owner wants a FANTASTIC job and will ask questions of the manager and football director as to why things are deteriorating and what he is (they are) going to do about them. If the answers are not good enough for the Sheikh and his advisors then one or both of the manager and football director will be dismissed in the summer. NOW if either gets wind of his departure or it looks like we will fail to finish in a top 3 slot..
For me the following are serious concerns that must be addressed:
- Our poor defending.
- The wretched form of certain players (especially Fernando & Kompany).
- Why the manager keeps picking Fernando come rain or shine when he is simply shit.
- Why the goals have dried up.
- Why we are totally unable to counter attack this season.
- Why our corners are bloody useless when they used to be the best in the league.

This is not a blip. It's been coming for a while and is turning into a disaster far worse than 2012-13.

I like pellers too, that's the problem, he's very likeable, too likeable, this charming man etc..
We have no heartbeat in the team at the moment. Ive been saying for years now Milner should be a sure fire starter, he gives us some intensity and drive and a bit of steel.
If Milner doesn't start at Stoke, he needs his head wobbling.

Players in bad form need dropping, simple.
Fernando for one.

BlueAnorak said:
Tim of the Oak said:
hilts said:
You pay top dollar for a manager to see things before a supporter does, if he needs you or me or anyone else to tell him how to do the job better, he ain't worth employing i mean you cannot even be classed as an average manager if you haven't yet grasped that picking the best team and knowing your opposition is quite important

A lot of us are either very wrong about him or he is the spanish equivalent of Moyes, one way of doing things and cannot adapt to a new situation, it will take some turnaround between now and the end of the season to convince me he isn't a one trick pony

Nice fella though

I like Pellers. He turned my opinions of him around by December 2013. Indeed, he will do a good job for any team over the long term.
BUT our owner wants a FANTASTIC job and will ask questions of the manager and football director as to why things are deteriorating and what he is (they are) going to do about them. If the answers are not good enough for the Sheikh and his advisors then one or both of the manager and football director will be dismissed in the summer. NOW if either gets wind of his departure or it looks like we will fail to finish in a top 3 slot..
- Our poor defending.
- Why the manager keeps picking Fernando come rain or shine when he is simply shit.
- Why our corners are bloody useless when they used to be the best in the league.

This is not a blip. It's been coming for a while and is turning into a disaster far worse than 2012-13.

Save the post mortem until the end of the season not when there are still points to play for. The board aren't going to make knee jerk decisions.

BlueAnorak said:
Tim of the Oak said:
hilts said:

Nice fella though

- Our poor defending.

Tbf, at his age I don't think he'll be doing much for any team over the long term

It's alarming how poor our defence has become this season, this is THE issue that is very worrying and doesn't seem to be going away.

Joe has gone backwards since Manuel arrived, a shadow of the keeper he was two seasons ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.