Manuel Pellegrini

While we're on your favourite subject, you might want to ask yourself who has stunted Raz's last year or so... You can't blame Manuel Pellegrini for that... But I suspect that you may try to find a way. ;-)
I think I know the answer to this one.
Is it the person who keeps swapping his boots as a prank before a game so he's wearing them the wrong way round?

We are not talking this last year , good attempt at deflection though lol, i am not bitter at all, just factual, you have chosen a strange hill to die on
Very selective 'facts' (should say opinions) you put forward though Kaz.

I don't think it's a matter of deflection... If anything, you chose a strange hill to die on - You can't say that MP stunted Raheem and then simply choose to ignore a question on who may be responsible for his recent form. Let's face it, if you think MP 'stunted' Raheem, it could be argued that PG has shrunk him back to square one over the past year or so.

MP did a good job for City - The owners certainly appreciated what he did and rewarded him very generously when he left. The original Lowry alone would be valued iro £1m. I was never his biggest fan, but I still think he's a decent bloke who did a decent job.

Let's face it... If his time at City was so bad, you didn't HAVE to go to the matches ;-)

Your first comment is unmitigated nonsense.

Your second comment is simply ridiculous.
I tell you what's "unmitigated nonsense" - your assertion that the decline of the team's performance was purely down to the fact Pep was coming!

You have absolutely zero evidence for that.

If anything, knowing the greatest manager of his generation was coming could have acted as a motivator for those who wanted to be a part of it.

Certainly seemed to work for Bayern who had the best season in their history when the squad knew Pep was coming and the current manager was "keeping the seat warm".

In terms of Pellegrini's tactical acumen, I'll give you a quote from someone who worked with him on a daily basis while he was at City - "The only tactical changes he makes is he plays Kolarov at left back against Stoke because he's good in the air".

I tell you what's "unmitigated nonsense" - your assertion that the decline of the team's performance was purely down to the fact Pep was coming!

You have absolutely zero evidence for that.

If anything, knowing the greatest manager of his generation was coming could have acted as a motivator for those who wanted to be a part of it.

Certainly seemed to work for Bayern who had the best season in their history when the squad knew Pep was coming and the current manager was "keeping the seat warm".

In terms of Pellegrini's tactical acumen, I'll give you a quote from someone who worked with him on a daily basis while he was at City - "The only tactical changes he makes is he plays Kolarov at left back against Stoke because he's good in the air".
I think we'll need to agree to disagree mate.

I'll just say that I hope Pep's successor is as successful as Manuel Pellegrini was. I've got a horrible feeling that we could well be approaching a cliff edge.

You have absolutely zero evidence for that
Its just one of those established patterns when a manager is basically holding down a role performances tend to drop off, that's just a fact of what normally happens/ Look at Sven's last couple of months for another time it happened.

As for being excited about Pep coming, I'm sorry I don't know what you do but, change in the workplace is almost always viewed with some level of trepidation. Add to that the fact one of the senior players was Yaya who by pretty much all accounts wasn't a fan... Indeed its fair to say what followed in his first year at the club would indicate he wasn't especially well received by the players already there.

Like others have said, fantastic manager and we played some amazing football. However, he almost never had a plan B and the absolute collective bed-shitting in the UCL semi final against Real Madrid stings.

Hes 3rd behind Pep and Mancini (Pep is a better manager without a doubt, I just miss Mancini's "all cocaine, all the time" energy)

PpBG1DA.gif

Dkse2Jj.png

I sat near MP at a City U21 game once.

Good news was that he cared enough to come & watch the younger players.

Bad news was that he looked very dour & unanimated - I don't think he possessed enormous energy or charisma.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.