Manuel Pellegrini

Respect to Pellers but Jesus Christ his football was tedious to watch for about two years.
The 2013/14 season was a great season and often gets quite overlooked imo .
The actual title run itself was one of the most exciting recent ones too .Until a week or so before, us Liverpool and Chelsea were going for it and Arsenal were 'in the mix' up until a few weeks before. Though obviously not as dramatic as other seasons it also went to the last day where we needed ,and got a result.
City played some fantastic football that season , and as many have said it was arguably of a higher quality than 2 years previously. Perhaps a lot of the players who were also part of the title winning season 2 years previously were probably at their peak in Pellers first season.
Consequently, I feel a few of the players didn't perform at the same level after that.
Off the top of my head (apologies if I've overlooked anyone obvious)Fern, KDB and Sterling were also probably the only real quality signings he made for us.
The following 2 seasons I do agree, though hardly the worst in the history of Manchester City football club (we won the League cup, reached a CL semi and were runners up in the League ) were a bit of an anti climax and if I'm honest very few matches from those 2 seasons really spring immediately to mind!

The actual title run itself was one of the most exciting recent ones too .Until a week or so before, us Liverpool and Chelsea were going for it and Arsenal were 'in the mix' up until a few weeks before. Though obviously not as dramatic as other seasons it also went to the last day where we needed ,and got a result.
City played some fantastic football that season , and as many have said it was arguably of a higher quality than 2 years previously. Perhaps a lot of the players who were also part of the title winning season 2 years previously were probably at their peak in Pellers first season.
Consequently, I feel a few of the players didn't perform at the same level after that.
Off the top of my head (apologies if I've overlooked anyone obvious)Fern, KDB and Sterling were also probably the only real quality signings he made for us.
The following 2 seasons I do agree, though hardly the worst in the history of Manchester City football club (we won the League cup, reached a CL semi and were runners up in the League ) were a bit of an anti climax and if I'm honest very few matches from those 2 seasons really spring immediately to mind!
I might be wrong but I would be very surprised if KDB and Sterling were Pellegrini signings. Both players scream Pep behind the scenes, or at least Txiki signing them with a high confidence that Pep was on the way.

Fernandinho was obviously an amazing signing.

I might be wrong but I would be very surprised if KDB and Sterling were Pellegrini signings. Both players scream Pep behind the scenes, or at least Txiki signing them with a high confidence that Pep was on the way.

Fernandinho was obviously an amazing signing.
Ah the old let's give credit for everything to pep. Why couldn't they have been Pellegrini signings? As for the tedious football,some of what Peps been serving up of late hasn't be all that exciting. Pellegrini deserves a bit more respect I feel. It went pear shaped in the end granted but at that stage he was fully aware his tenure was up.

Oddly I can't remember many memorable home games from 2014/15 - 15/16 either so fair comment, but I do remember some scoring four away at Sunderland (where we always lost 1-0), Stoke and Swansea in 2015 when Silva, Nasri and Ya Ya were keeping the ball all day, so not all bad !

Ah the old let's give credit for everything to pep. Why couldn't they have been Pellegrini signings? As for the tedious football,some of what Peps been serving up of late hasn't be all that exciting. Pellegrini deserves a bit more respect I feel. It went pear shaped in the end granted but at that stage he was fully aware his tenure was up.
Hi Manuel.

Oddly I can't remember many memorable home games from 2014/15 - 15/16 either so fair comment, but I do remember some scoring four away at Sunderland (where we always lost 1-0), Stoke and Swansea in 2015 when Silva, Nasri and Ya Ya were keeping the ball all day, so not all bad !
Everton away at the back end of 2013-14 was a great game. Classic end to end by both teams. What a dilemma for the Blue Dipper fans - last home game so wanted to win, but to do so would let the red dippers in on the title. I remember their fans congratulating us in advance as we were leaving Goodison.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.