Manuel Pellegrini

He did. Definitely a difficult human being to work alongside. There was always some shit going on, mainly Balo'.

He's my 2cnd favourite Manager as well.
Spot on. And extremely interesting point.

I feel that Mancini was at fault here - far too willing to forgive.

By way of contrast - Pep made sure that all such nut cases were gone following his second season. And this season - trouble-maker Cancelo - gone - even before the season ends.
===
And this is the key difference between Pellers and Pep.

Pellers bows to management - popular troublemakers get their way.

Pep takes no prisoners - you're 100% for the team - or you're gone.
===
And this is why I love Pep and am so-so about Pellers.

The team obviously wasn't behind him at all watching performances. Dzecho for example seemed to have been promised a much more prominent role - and then not.

I'll try to find articles backing this sentiment of mine - but it's not pure speculation on my part.

Much of this lack of respect though - and Mancini was crippled by this too - was due to lack of upper management/ownership backing.
===
For example - Mancini totally pissed off Tevez. Tevez refuses to take the pitch - and ends up golfing in the middle of our season.

What transpires?

Mancini - hat in hand - is next seen kissing Tevez's ass - begging for him to come back.

Fuck that!

Back the manager.

Tevez - my 2nd most favorite City player ever - went way over the line. He should be gone. And management needs to back the gaffer.

Neither Mancini and especially Pellegrini got that backing.
===
Either way - loved Mancini - didn't care for Pellegrini.
I have followed City obsessively for 64 years and have never read anything to corroborate what you are saying about MP. And when did Edin Dzeko change his name?

hopefully his Betis side can do the business against the rags. I follow them a bit and they're a very solid side. Unfortunate to lose Fekir for the rest of the season, but they definitely have enough in them to cause some problems.
Also, the Benito Vilamarin is a proper cauldron to play in.

Spot on. And extremely interesting point.

I feel that Mancini was at fault here - far too willing to forgive.

By way of contrast - Pep made sure that all such nut cases were gone following his second season. And this season - trouble-maker Cancelo - gone - even before the season ends.
===
And this is the key difference between Pellers and Pep.

Pellers bows to management - popular troublemakers get their way.

Pep takes no prisoners - you're 100% for the team - or you're gone.
===
And this is why I love Pep and am so-so about Pellers.
He couldn't help it, he was/is super passionate. He's all in and feels deep. Very sensitive but he's chopping heads for those he loves! Ha. God bless him.

Pep does indeed prefer a more "settled" mind set in camp.

Pelle wasn't a doormat he just wanted to be more than what he ended up being.... A water carrier. Ultimately, a babysitter. It was unfortunate for him as we played good football under Pellegrini despite as you say the constraints he had to work under. #Respect

Pep was/is seen as the second coming by our Owners, Board, Fans etc... It didn't matter who was in charge, Pep is God's Clubs Messiah! It was meant to be... The whole shit, fits like a glove. It's a Global Takeover #TakeOurRespectBack

I respect your opinion my brother...

A good manager and a more calmer head (which was needed at the time) for us in between Mancini and Pep and the first manager in a long time to win two trophies in one season (Captial One Cup and League) and got us to the Semi Final of the Champions League.

Pellegrini won 2 trophies and during the second half of the season of 13/14 we played the most attacking form of football not seen since the 01/02 season under Keegan.

I assume your just speculating that players didn't have any respect for him as it certainly didn't look it at the time
That spell between December to February in 2013-14 was the most exciting football I've ever seen, and if Negredo hadn't been injured playing a pointless LC 2nd leg we might have stayed at that level the next season.

Love Manuel, an absolute gent.

The team obviously wasn't behind him at all watching performances. Dzecho for example seemed to have been promised a much more prominent role - and then not.

I'll try to find articles backing this sentiment of mine - but it's not pure speculation on my part.

Much of this lack of respect though - and Mancini was crippled by this too - was due to lack of upper management/ownership backing.
===
For example - Mancini totally pissed off Tevez. Tevez refuses to take the pitch - and ends up golfing in the middle of our season.

What transpires?

Mancini - hat in hand - is next seen kissing Tevez's ass - begging for him to come back.

Fuck that!

Back the manager.

Tevez - my 2nd most favorite City player ever - went way over the line. He should be gone. And management needs to back the gaffer.

Neither Mancini and especially Pellegrini got that backing.
===
Either way - loved Mancini - didn't care for Pellegrini.

"Mancini - hat in hand - is next seen kissing Tevez's ass - begging for him to come back"

You are completely wrong on that point. I know first hand that the directors backed Mancini, and Tevez, great player that he was, was not coming back untill he apologised, which he did. He then played brilliantly to the end of the season. IMO Mancini was not the man to lick anyones ass and was the man who vowed to take down the banner, and did in spectacular fashion and is one of the main reasons why he is loved by a large proportion of our fans.
PS. I was in Munich that night for the game and believe me when it filtered through after the game what had happened we were livid, as he could have made a difference

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.