Manuel Pellegrini

My understanding is that MP had very little input into signings in the final two years of his tenure.

Negredo, Fernando, and Navas were, I believe, signed on his recommendation. Players like De Bruyne, Sterling, Mangala and indeed Bony, were very much Bergiristain signings, in preparation for Pep's arrival.

Players are scouted and researched in detail by the DoF team prior to signing. Some work out, some don't. That's football.

Don't blame MP for poor signings, and bear in mind that 5 years before he arrived, we didn't even dare dream of reaching a CL semi final.

He was a very good City manager.
he was the one who pushed for mangala, fernando and bony , he has to take the blame for that trio

Dont think he would have survived making the mistakes Pep has made in the Champions League in each of the last 4 seasons.

Doing a good job in Seville with Betis. Good luck to him (and Bravo)

he was the one who pushed for mangala, fernando and bony , he has to take the blame for that trio
I wouldn't be too sure of that. As with Sinclair and Rodwell, the level of manager/coach involvement in those deals was minimal.

The great majority of any 'blame' or 'credit' for signings made from the start of 2012/13 must lie with Txiki Bergiristain and his recruitment team.

Although he may well have put names forward, to suggest that Manuel Pellegrini is to blame for poor signings is unreasonable.

I'm guessing that you're not prepared to give him any credit for us signing Sterling, De Bruyne, and Fernandinho...?

I wouldn't be too sure of that. As with Sinclair and Rodwell, the level of manager/coach involvement in those deals was minimal.

The great majority of any 'blame' or 'credit' for signings made from the start of 2012/13 must lie with Txiki Bergiristain and his recruitment team.

Although he may well have put names forward, to suggest that Manuel Pellegrini is to blame for poor signings is unreasonable.

I'm guessing that you're not prepared to give him any credit for us signing Sterling, De Bruyne, and Fernandinho...?
I think you are taking the piss most of the time with your posting tbf

My understanding is that MP had very little input into signings in the final two years of his tenure.

Negredo, Fernando, and Navas were, I believe, signed on his recommendation. Players like De Bruyne, Sterling, Mangala and indeed Bony, were very much Bergiristain signings, in preparation for Pep's arrival.

Players are scouted and researched in detail by the DoF team prior to signing. Some work out, some don't. That's football.

Don't blame MP for poor signings, and bear in mind that 5 years before he arrived, we didn't even dare dream of reaching a CL semi final.

He was a very good City manager.
Not for me, he was a decent manager, had fantastic start but his methods clearly lost their impetus with the squad as he went on.

To finish 4th on the final day of the season with a squad containing Kompany, Fernandinho, Yaya Toure, David Silva, Kevin De Bruyne, Sergio Aguero & Raheem Sterling is a poor showing imo.

We had a good couple of months under him in his first season but he was a really really underwhelming manager.

Used to constantly rush back Kompany and Aguero because his signings were dogshit then they’d get injured again.

We had a good couple of months under him in his first season but he was a really really underwhelming manager.

Used to constantly rush back Kompany and Aguero because his signings were dogshit then they’d get injured again.
In fairness it was more than a couple of months(you don't win the title with a couple of months good play).... with regards Kompany and Aguero being rushed back, its fair to say they both became much more injury prone under him....

I think you are taking the piss most of the time with your posting tbf
Think what you like Kaz, but I'm right on this occasion. You can't slag him off for bad signings and not praise him for great ones. It's just not fair.
The bloke did well considering he was always a stop gap.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.