Marc-Andre ter Stegen

Status
Not open for further replies.
We never question his desire and dedication to work on it. But the question is, will he be able to adapt and how long would it be? If Pep only stays for 3 years, are you ready to waste a year out of those 3 having Pep's playing system being compromised?

Firstly Pep may stay longer

Secondly, Its not just the goal keeper that is reposnsible for Peps system....its the defenders being comfortable on the ball as well.......big difference between having he likes of Stones (potentially) to pass to than say Mdm or Mangala or Kolorov...If i was heart it would put me in two minds whether to give any of those the ball close to the area.

No-one knows the answer whether he will improve or not...my argument is against the people saying he won't/isnt capable or that he should be replaced now...Im saying we can wait and should wait because there are other areas of the pitch that need more urgent attention.....fullback, central midfield and centre half all being more of a priority and will have equal affect on 'Peps system'

Why do you feel people who have a different view to you have to be following or buying into media BS? I for one have judged Hart on what I see.

cause they use the exact same language in what they type as what appears in the media thats why which is often inaccurate or just plainly wrong...

Compromised how? By having one of the worlds top 5 GOALKEEPERS in net.
Goalkeeper, keeper of the goal....someone to provent the ball entering the goal.
Far far to many people going over the top and pretending they're football analysers, he's a goalkeeper, he's there to prevent goals 1stly and most importantly, and he's in my opinion very good at that. Best one on one stopper in the world.
Did you even watch our game against Dortmund? I can guarantee you didn't watch if you still have no idea what I was talking about, and you certainly do not know how Pep's system works.

Marc ter StegenVerified account‏@mterstegen1
Preparing for a long season!
1f3c3-1f3fc.png
26bd.png
1f44b-1f3fb.png

CpBshxJWIAEmEZH.jpg
read into that he is barca first choice

Firstly Pep may stay longer

Secondly, Its not just the goal keeper that is reposnsible for Peps system....its the defenders being comfortable on the ball as well.......big difference between having he likes of Stones (potentially) to pass to than say Mdm or Mangala or Kolorov...If i was heart it would put me in two minds whether to give any of those the ball close to the area.

No-one knows the answer whether he will improve or not...my argument is against the people saying he won't/isnt capable or that he should be replaced now...Im saying we can wait and should wait because there are other areas of the pitch that need more urgent attention.....fullback, central midfield and centre half all being more of a priority and will have equal affect on 'Peps system'
Pep 'may' stay longer. But let's not bank on that. We have to plan as if he's going to be here for only 3 years. You don't plan for the best case scenario, you plan for the worst case scenario.

We're going around in circles, I think he won't be able to adapt, you think he will be able to. Either way, what's the harm in getting Bravo or Ter Stegen to replace Caballero and give competition for Hart? If Hart can't adapt, we'll have a GK ready to go that fits the system. If Hart can adapt, he will keep being no.1. It's simple. If you're really convinced that Hart can adapt surely you won't have any worries about him being in a competition with Ter Stegen for the no.1?

Did you even watch our game against Dortmund? I can guarantee you didn't watch if you still have no idea what I was talking about, and you certainly do not know how Pep's system works.
Has Pep reinvented the game to the point where goalkeepers don't need to make saves, Defenders don't need to tackle and strikers ability to score is secondary to being able to pass the ball?
My point is, being good at your appointed job on the field is always going to be more important than how intricate the passing ability is. Is that a strange logic?

Pep 'may' stay longer. But let's not bank on that. We have to plan as if he's going to be here for only 3 years. You don't plan for the best case scenario, you plan for the worst case scenario.

We're going around in circles, I think he won't be able to adapt, you think he will be able to. Either way, what's the harm in getting Bravo or Ter Stegen to replace Caballero and give competition for Hart? If Hart can't adapt, we'll have a GK ready to go that fits the system. If Hart can adapt, he will keep being no.1. It's simple. If you're really convinced that Hart can adapt surely you won't have any worries about him being in a competition with Ter Stegen for the no.1?

No Im not going to right off a keeper who has served this club very well (how many golden gloves is it now - 3?) over the last few seasons, whereas you (by your own admission - "I think he won't be able to adapt" ) clearly are ready to right him off. Im saying he should get his chance to adapt and that (as with quite a few players may take time). I have no worries about competition from whoever. What I am worried about is us wasting money on a keeper when there are other areas of the starting 11 that need to be addressed as a much higher priority

I am very happy to get in a new number 2 as for me Caballero isn't good enough at anything to push Hart.

No Im not going to right off a keeper who has served this club very well (how many golden gloves is it now - 3?) over the last few seasons, whereas you (by your own admission - "I think he won't be able to adapt" ) clearly are ready to right him off. Im saying he should get his chance to adapt and that (as with quite a few players may take time). I have no worries about competition from whoever. What I am worried about is us wasting money on a keeper when there are other areas of the starting 11 that need to be addressed as a much higher priority

I am very happy to get in a new number 2 as for me Caballero isn't good enough at anything to push Hart.
4 golden gloves in the last 6 seasons and was one clean sheet off last season...with our terrible defence.

cause they use the exact same language in what they type as what appears in the media thats why which is often inaccurate or just plainly wrong...

Mate. I fully admire your loyalty to Joe, but he has his flaws (as do all keepers) and you seem to be getting agitated about people highlighting those and then playing the they just follow the media BS card.

No, like you we watch Joe and see what we see. The fact we disagree isn't wrong and tbh (your stating that what they write is inaccurate or wrong is based on what - your opinion), I haven't seen many posters saying Joe shouldn't be given the opportunity. From what I have read on this thread, many are just stating that they think Joe will struggle adapting to Peps needs (again, simply opinions). The fact we are linked with so many keepers would appear to support this though, would you agree?

My personal view is that Joe needs much stiffer competition that he has had these last few seasons, and if we do end up bringing in a better keeper, surely that is a win win is it not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.