Marc-Andre ter Stegen

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're a self entitled little prick ain't you. Can you show me where your opioion is more valid than mine? Show me why yours is the voice of reason and rashonal thought where I'm just a mindless brick wall to be talked at?
You've an opioion as I do, they differ, get over yourself.

Well how about because your opinions aren't particularly rational at all?

You think pep will abandon one of the fundamental pieces of his football, that he's had in every season he's ever managed for one player.

You keep pretending that Hart is the best keeper in the world and likened ter Stegen to putting Yaya Toure in goal.

You suggested hart could make up for his bad footwork by throwing the ball FFS.

You clearly don't understand the ideas behind having a goalkeeper who is good with his feet and when someone else takes time out to write it out, you've ether ignored it or ridiculed it.

And I don't think my opinion is better than yours or anyone else's, but it's clear to anyone reading your comments that you haven't got a clue on this particular subject. Your opinion is not informed If it was, I would have no problem accepting that our views differed.

The mere fact that you said pep won't want a keeper to be involved in passing despite anyone who's ever watched his teams knowing that's not true shows you really don't get it.

So yeah, I warned off the other bloke from trying to reason with you because it can't be done.

If that makes me a self entitled prick, oh well.

Well how about because your opinions aren't particularly rational at all?

You think pep will abandon one of the fundamental pieces of his football, that he's had in every season he's ever managed for one player.

You keep pretending that Hart is the best keeper in the world and likened ter Stegen to putting Yaya Toure in goal.

You suggested hart could make up for his bad footwork by throwing the ball FFS.

You clearly don't understand the ideas behind having a goalkeeper who is good with his feet and when someone else takes time out to write it out, you've ether ignored it or ridiculed it.

And I don't think my opinion is better than yours or anyone else's, but it's clear to anyone reading your comments that you haven't got a clue on this particular subject. Your opinion is not informed If it was, I would have no problem accepting that our views differed.

The mere fact that you said pep won't want a keeper to be involved in passing despite anyone who's ever watched his teams knowing that's not true shows you really don't get it.

So yeah, I warned off the other bloke from trying to reason with you because it can't be done.

If that makes me a self entitled prick, oh well.
Please see previous comment

Mate, that is all opioion based, as is my feelings on Jo. My point is that although we have now a very good manager with a great pedigree and record, please dont be under an illusion that he has mastered football...to play the pep way is to always win....he hasn't the key to football. The game is far to unpredictable, Leicester proved that last year by wining it. You can't 'money ball' football.
Ps I really wouldn't go around saying barca's success was down to the keeper, that little attacking midfielder they've got may have a lot to do with it you know.
Sorry mate. But they're not opinions. They're facts.

1. Ter Stegen is the best ball-playing GK. Fact.
2. Ter Stegen is a class GK even without the ball-playing skills. Fact.
3. Joe Hart is a class GK. Fact.
4. Joe Hart is horrible in ball-playing. Fact.
5. Pep likes his GK to be able to pass with this FEET to be able to build up from the back. Fact.

You said that Pep couldn't win CL with Neuer playing as sweeper-keeper.
Then I said Ter Stegen win CL with Barca as a sweeper-keeper.
Then you said Barca winning CL has nothing to do with Ter Stegen, it's all about Messi.
Well which is it then? Pep can't win CL because he plays a sweeper-keeper, or because he doesn't have Messi?
What kind of argument is that?

It is true that Pep don't have the key to football.
But the fact is Pep is our manager and we must play according to our manager's style of play.
If we're really not going to play according to our manager's style, why bother chasing him for 3 years?
We might as well hire Big Sam, buy Andy Carroll as a striker, lineup 4-4-2 to the end while playing the beautiful kick-and-rush English football like it's 1998.

Don't bother with this guy. Multiple people have explained to him how important the goalkeeper is in building up from he back in Guardiolas teams and his response to me was "Joe can just use his hands and roll the ball out in build up".

He simply does not understand the idea of a goalkeeper passing around the back, and won't listen when people explain it.

You're smashing your head against a brick wall.
I get you but sometimes you just can't help yourself but to reply ha.

Sorry mate. But they're not opinions. They're facts.

1. Ter Stegen is the best ball-playing GK. Fact.
2. Ter Stegen is a class GK even without the ball-playing skills. Fact.
3. Joe Hart is a class GK. Fact.
4. Joe Hart is horrible in ball-playing. Fact.
5. Pep likes his GK to be able to pass with this FEET to be able to build up from the back. Fact.

You said that Pep couldn't win CL with Neuer playing as sweeper-keeper.
Then I said Ter Stegen win CL with Barca as a sweeper-keeper.
Then you said Barca winning CL has nothing to do with Ter Stegen, it's all about Messi.
Well which is it then? Pep can't win CL because he plays a sweeper-keeper, or because he doesn't have Messi?
What kind of argument is that?

It is true that Pep don't have the key to football.
But the fact is Pep is our manager and we must play according to our manager's style of play.
If we're really not going to play according to our manager's style, why bother chasing him for 3 years?
We might as well hire Big Sam, buy Andy Carroll as a striker, lineup 4-4-2 to the end while playing the beautiful kick-and-rush English football like it's 1998.
Fella, although I have just enjoyed you Rafa esk rant, 1+1 =2....that's a fact. Yours is an opioion, wether stat based or generally recognised, it's an opioion. Who's the best band ever? Greatest president of the USA...opinions.
I will say this, to you and damalino, to who I apologise to for calling a prick, the base of the 'argument' is basically I think that
a) too much emphasis is being placed on the keepers ability to play the ball as an outfielder would in Pep's system simply because although we can look over his previous teams, he's never played in a league as diverse in style and as close in competition as ours. He hopefully will have no issues and his tried and tested "ticka taka" will work, I however feel he will have to adapt a lot of what he has learnt to suit our league. I think the high intesity and pressing will work, but other aspects may not.
b) if all the emphasis is placed on Jo's ability to play the ball out from the back to start each passage of play I feel he's more than capable of doing so, with practise and the confidence of know there's more than one option available to him.
c) Jo's previous efforts on and off the field with us over the years should afford him more confidence and support from our fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.