Marc-Andre ter Stegen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has Pep reinvented the game to the point where goalkeepers don't need to make saves, Defenders don't need to tackle and strikers ability to score is secondary to being able to pass the ball?
My point is, being good at your appointed job on the field is always going to be more important than how intricate the passing ability is. Is that a strange logic?
Your logic checks out....... if it's for any other managers. It doesn't check out with Pep. Pep needs his keeper to be able to pass. It's not that hard of a concept to grasp.

You are talking like Ter Stegen is an outfield player that is being put as a GK that can't make saves.

No Im not going to right off a keeper who has served this club very well (how many golden gloves is it now - 3?) over the last few seasons, whereas you (by your own admission - "I think he won't be able to adapt" ) clearly are ready to right him off. Im saying he should get his chance to adapt and that (as with quite a few players may take time). I have no worries about competition from whoever. What I am worried about is us wasting money on a keeper when there are other areas of the starting 11 that need to be addressed as a much higher priority

I am very happy to get in a new number 2 as for me Caballero isn't good enough at anything to push Hart.
So that settles in then. Joe needs competition. We get him the competition in Ter Stegen. If he's good enough, he'll prevail. If not, he'll be replaced. It's simple. Either way, the club wins as they will have a very capable GK that's suited to Pep's system.

Your logic checks out....... if it's for any other managers. It doesn't check out with Pep. Pep needs his keeper to be able to pass. It's not that hard of a concept to grasp.

You are talking like Ter Stegen is an outfield player that is being put as a GK that can't make saves.
But your talking like passing is the only part of a keepers ability that will work under Pep's plans.
Seriously think about it this way. For the last three seasons Pep has had, for many/most people, the best passer of the ball between the sticks in the world, the ultimate sweeper keeper, exactly what most on here would swap Jo for in a heart beat. How many champions leagues did having Neur's passing ability win him?

Sentimental or not but i'd quite hapily go down to barca now and knee cap both there keepers if it means Joe staying... i'm adament he can adapt to the new system..Much rather have our England No.1 leadership and 'City blood' then anyone else.
More than Pep? Because that is what you are actually saying.

With Rulli being as good as ours,the other keepers we've been linked with ie.Stegen,Bravo,Rui Patricio are all ability wise better than Hart...They bring more than being good on the ball..But Hart is more passionate and vocal esp in the tunnel.

But your talking like passing is the only part of a keepers ability that will work under Pep's plans.
Seriously think about it this way. For the last three seasons Pep has had, for many/most people, the best passer of the ball between the sticks in the world, the ultimate sweeper keeper, exactly what most on here would swap Jo for in a heart beat. How many champions leagues did having Neur's passing ability win him?
But you're talking as if Ter Stegen has no goalkeeping ability at all. Ter Stegen is a class goalkeeper on its own, even without the passing ability.

It's stupid to use the 'didn't win champions league' as an argument. But the fact is during the 3 years Pep's team dominated the Bundesliga, and went to the semi final all 3 years he was there, which is more than what City did (barring last year, which was the first time in history).

If you want to say that CL argument, Ter Stegen won the Champions League playing exactly as a sweeper keeper for Barca, whose team is still playing with Pep's philosophies. What are you going to say to that?

And the best GK with ball-playing skills is Ter Stegen, not Neuer. Neuer has better goalkeeping skills than Ter Stegen tho.

But you're talking as if Ter Stegen has no goalkeeping ability at all. Ter Stegen is a class goalkeeper on its own, even without the passing ability.

It's stupid to use the 'didn't win champions league' as an argument. But the fact is during the 3 years Pep's team dominated the Bundesliga, and went to the semi final all 3 years he was there, which is more than what City did (barring last year, which was the first time in history).

If you want to say that CL argument, Ter Stegen won the Champions League playing exactly as a sweeper keeper for Barca, whose team is still playing with Pep's philosophies. What are you going to say to that?

And the best GK with ball-playing skills is Ter Stegen, not Neuer. Neuer has better goalkeeping skills than Ter Stegen tho.

Don't bother with this guy. Multiple people have explained to him how important the goalkeeper is in building up from he back in Guardiolas teams and his response to me was "Joe can just use his hands and roll the ball out in build up".

He simply does not understand the idea of a goalkeeper passing around the back, and won't listen when people explain it.

You're smashing your head against a brick wall.

Mate, that is all opioion based, as is my feelings on Jo. My point is that although we have now a very good manager with a great pedigree and record, please dont be under an illusion that he has mastered football...to play the pep way is to always win....he hasn't the key to football. The game is far to unpredictable, Leicester proved that last year by wining it. You can't 'money ball' football.
Ps I really wouldn't go around saying barca's success was down to the keeper, that little attacking midfielder they've got may have a lot to do with it you know.

giphy.gif

Don't bother with this guy. Multiple people have explained to him how important the goalkeeper is in building up from he back in Guardiolas teams and his response to me was "Joe can just use his hands and roll the ball out in build up".

He simply does not understand the idea of a goalkeeper passing around the back, and won't listen when people explain it.

You're smashing your head against a brick wall.
You're a self entitled little prick ain't you. Can you show me where your opioion is more valid than mine? Show me why yours is the voice of reason and rashonal thought where I'm just a mindless brick wall to be talked at?
You've an opioion as I do, they differ, get over yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.