Marc-Andre ter Stegen

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best keepers play well on into their late 30s. Joe's one of the best keepers.
What is it you don't like so much about him? His confidence? His money? His dandruff free hair?

See that's the thing. I don't hate Hart - actually I love him, but that doesn't blind me to his weaknesses, so I know that as much as I like him, he's simply not compatible with Guardiola.

I'd love for him to turn out on Sunday against arsenal and ping the ball around as he facilitates the kind of game Pep wants the team playing, but it's not going to happen.

See that's the thing. I don't hate Hart - actually I love him, but that doesn't blind me to his weaknesses, so I know that as much as I like him, he's simply not compatible with Guardiola.

I'd love for him to turn out on Sunday against arsenal and ping the ball around as he facilitates the kind of game Pep wants the team playing, but it's not going to happen.
Well let's agree on this then. If I'm right and he's not only capable but will flourish then we'll both be happy, so we shall meet at Mary D's and drink to City

So two recent stories both from sport-english. And two links from some Spanish newspapers dated July 10th. Wouldn't exactly call that heavily linked.

I don't know whats going to happen next year but I'm sure if Hart has a great season and wins another golden glove this season its going to be hard to kick him out.

As to Hart playing the way Pep wants, we should probably wait and see him in action for a few games before judging. I doubt we'll see Hart strictly kicking long balls to the striker through out the game.

I understand your opinion but I just think its completely wrong to make such harsh judgements and not be a little more open-minded on the situation especially given the fact that Hart is yet to start a game for Pep.

We'll see what happens.

I don't think anyone here who thinks we need to get ter Stegen or a keeper like him gives two shits about any high profile mistakes Hart has made for England in the last 3 months. It's not about that.

It's about having watched Barcelona and Bayern Munich, and having watched Joe, and realising that, as much as we love Hart, as great a shot stopper as he can be, and as much as he's been at the club for a decade - he can't do the job Guardiola wants his keepers to do, and that's that.

Eventually people will see that, whether it's in 3 weeks or next summer. Hart won't be number 1 when Guardiola leaves.

What specifically can't he do? As i posted a few pages back, i believe the keepers job is very simple, they don't need to be on a par with the outfield players, they only have to accurately knock a ball 10-20 yards square and dink slightly longer balls into the channels when the first option is closed. I don't think there's a single keeper in the league that isn't capable of that. It just needs drilling into them in training as it's not something many are used to and most importantly it needs the players in front of them to make themselves available.

What specifically can't he do? As i posted a few pages back, i believe the keepers job is very simple, they don't need to be on a par with the outfield players, they only have to accurately knock a ball 10-20 yards square and dink slightly longer balls into the channels when the first option is closed. I don't think there's a single keeper in the league that isn't capable of that. It just needs drilling into them in training as it's not something many are used to and most importantly it needs the players in front of them to make themselves available.

Hart has said himself in an interview that he's not interested in coming out of his box sweeping. If he doesn't sweep, we can't have a high line, we can't have an effective press and that undermines pretty much everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.