Marc-Andre ter Stegen

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be an act of lunacy to let the best goalkeeper in the premier league go.
Without getting drawn into wherever he's the best in the league or not, I would hope he is willing to stay and fight for his place. From what I've read so far, that does seem to be the case. If he wants to be regarded as the very best then now is the perfect time to prove it.

Finally, we appear to want to stop playing games.

The only thing Hart has any advantage over this guy is an English passport.

Hart is excellent at smothering from close range, but he is another major fault line, in terms of his hesitancy to release the ball quickly enough.

It's not as even down to trust, there are passes on, only his indecision and lack of confidence, prevents it.

Very happy to see we have a manager who can see the not so obvious deficiencies to our game, and hopefully Joe is able to learn and respond if this happens.

Mancini also wanted Hart out towards the end of his tenure.

We don't seem to have a bad record with German keepers, do we?

Have you heard anything about the club specifically trying to get deals done before the Euro's? Everything seems to be happening very early.

At the very least he will offer actual competition, which Caballero hasn't done.

We're paying £20M for a keeper who can pick a pass which is the least of his jobs. Madness to me
That's a very simple way of looking at it. If we sign him we're getting one of the brightest young keepers in the game who has plenty more in his locker than being good with his feet.
I think people are underestimating just how important it is in a Guardiola team to be comfortable on the ball. The way we play now you could argue it's the least of a keepers jobs, come August I reckon that'll change dramatically.

Joe Hart will stay and fight for Manchester City place under Pep Guardiola

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...nd-fight-for-manchester-city-place-under-pep/.

"England international Hart is aware that Ter Stegen has agreed to join City in the summer after choosing to link up with Pep Guardiola, rather than joining Jurgen Klopp at Liverpool.

Hart believes he is no different to any other City player who has to prove himself worthy of a first-team place and will relish the challenge of going up against Germany international Ter Stegen."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.