Marc-Andre ter Stegen

Status
Not open for further replies.
It isn't, it's cobblers
No it isn't.
We are all entitled to an opinion after all.
I happen to agree that Hart can't catch a ball under any pressure and will not claim anything inside the six yard box. He is rooted to the line much as was the case for Given and this puts pressure on the CBs to clear the ball every time. His punching is erratic at best.
His distribution has improved in the last few years but still not as good as other top keepers.
I do not dispute his ability as a shot stopper but there are plenty of those out there...

Finally, we appear to want to stop playing games.

The only thing Hart has any advantage over this guy is an English passport.

Hart is excellent at smothering from close range, but he is another major fault line, in terms of his hesitancy to release the ball quickly enough.

It's not as even down to trust, there are passes on, only his indecision and lack of confidence, prevents it.

Very happy to see we have a manager who can see the not so obvious deficiencies to our game, and hopefully Joe is able to learn and respond if this happens.

Mancini also wanted Hart out towards the end of his tenure.

We don't seem to have a bad record with German keepers, do we?
11645-zoom.jpg

Yes. Coz this is not like the outfield position s. The fact here is that Steegen is quite good. Frankly, he could be as good as Joe, and once you have that, if he starts and does well, there is no way back for the backup. Keepers don't need rest or get injured often. So barring the unusual, once relegated to a backup role, your chances are pretty limited unless the starter screws up.

I mean remember how long it took to bench Joe when he had a serious deep in form few seasons ago? Now imagine how hard it would be to bench a guy who is doing fine?

Once a starter, goalie is the hardest position to displace. You have fewer opportunities, and your skills atrophy with lack of playing time. Willy was actually a pretty damn good goalie at Malaga before coming here. Folks forget now.

As a top keeper, if you are relegated to 2nd choice, you should force a move in the next open window.

If Stegeen is purchased, if I were Joe, I'd have a sit down with Pep to know what his intentions are, and will be clear that if I don't win the starter role ( assuming I even get the opportunity) I want out. I don't want a #2 role. If Pep is certain he wants to go with Stegeen, I would like to be sold now.

Those would be my terms.
Well it won't surprise you to know I disagree with you. Hart is the current number one and it's up to him to prove he deserves to be when the season kicks off. If he wants to be at City that's what he'll do.
Buying a second rate back up doesn't fly with me anymore.

At the end of the day i want my goalkeeper to keep out goals and joe is the best at that hence the record number of golden gloves and he has saved our arses time after time.If pep wants more then fine but he is not a god and we don't have to bow down to him,we are not dippers
That's some serious simplistic thinking there Karen.

What about his 80 mil release clause and Barcelona's strong statements about holding onto him? I would love to see him here for his obvious talent and age, but I just don't see why Barca would let him go. I see the Bravo/ter Stegen timeshare lasting for the remainder of this season and then the German will take over next year. He is too good for Barcelona to just let him walk.

Ter Stegen passing accuracy is 84% in comparison to Harts 55%.

Hart gives the ball back to the opposition nearly once in every 2 passes he makes.

After seeing that stat from Opta, I am even more convinced that this is a goer based on Peps philopsphy. Whatever happens, if it makes Hart improve, or if Ter Stegen proves to be better, its a win win for city.

NB: in 2013/14 and 14/15 Harts passing accuracy was 47% so he is getting better...

Joe Hart will stay and fight for Manchester City place under Pep Guardiola

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...nd-fight-for-manchester-city-place-under-pep/.

"England international Hart is aware that Ter Stegen has agreed to join City in the summer after choosing to link up with Pep Guardiola, rather than joining Jurgen Klopp at Liverpool.

Hart believes he is no different to any other City player who has to prove himself worthy of a first-team place and will relish the challenge of going up against Germany international Ter Stegen."

great!! i expect Hart to stay and fight for his place. i wish he still stay even if later he lost his place to Ter Stegen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.