Marc-Andre ter Stegen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goal just reported that no approach has been made as such nor is Hart aware of incoming competition. So contradicts the telegraph report kind of.

Must feel for Willy in all this though, sitting duck.

Joe is a great keeper, how can you say he isn't? He's been consistently the best keeper in the prem for years. He was brilliant at Birmingham, came back to us and won golden gloves four times I think and also heading for another this season. Replacing joe would be a huge mistake, I'll be pissed off if we sign a keeper when there's many more problems within this squad. I'd say joe is at the bottom of the list of the players to be replaced.
If you think Hart is a great 'keeper you don't know enough about the position.
Yes, he's a fantastic shot-stopper but he's lousy on crosses, does not command his area and his distribution is mediocre. But, hey, if you think you know better than Pep...

Yes, he's a fantastic shot-stopper but he's lousy on crosses, does not command his area and his distribution is mediocre. But, hey, if you think you know better than Pep...
Absolutely spot on Nails.

Agreed.

Is that all it takes for Hart to give up on his place? A decent keeper coming in? I'd like to think he's got a bit more about him than that.
Yes. Coz this is not like the outfield position s. The fact here is that Steegen is quite good. Frankly, he could be as good as Joe, and once you have that, if he starts and does well, there is no way back for the backup. Keepers don't need rest or get injured often. So barring the unusual, once relegated to a backup role, your chances are pretty limited unless the starter screws up.

I mean remember how long it took to bench Joe when he had a serious deep in form few seasons ago? Now imagine how hard it would be to bench a guy who is doing fine?

Once a starter, goalie is the hardest position to displace. You have fewer opportunities, and your skills atrophy with lack of playing time. Willy was actually a pretty damn good goalie at Malaga before coming here. Folks forget now.

As a top keeper, if you are relegated to 2nd choice, you should force a move in the next open window.

If Stegeen is purchased, if I were Joe, I'd have a sit down with Pep to know what his intentions are, and will be clear that if I don't win the starter role ( assuming I even get the opportunity) I want out. I don't want a #2 role. If Pep is certain he wants to go with Stegeen, I would like to be sold now.

Those would be my terms.

Last edited:
At the end of the day i want my goalkeeper to keep out goals and joe is the best at that hence the record number of golden gloves and he has saved our arses time after time.If pep wants more then fine but he is not a god and we don't have to bow down to him,we are not dippers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.