Marc-Andre ter Stegen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its proof if ever some was needed that no player is safe in the side under Pep and im all for it.

Joe might well stay and fight for his place but he's England's No1 and he won't stay on the bench for long. As soon as an offer comes in City will want to cash in and Joe will listen because he values his England place.
There will be no shortage of offers for him and the two clubs who might be front runners will be the least palatable for City fans. Liverpool are desperate to replace Mignolet and it's likely the rags will be losing De Gea. For those of you about to say he wouldn't go to the rags. If he feels City have shit on him he might just push for a move there. He would be linking up with his best mate Rooney and wouldn't need to move house.
All hypothetical of course. The new fella could come in be a fucking disaster and Joe keep his place.

[QUO TE="Pablo1, post: 9314283, member: 42226"]That's some serious simplistic thinking there Karen.[/QUOTE]
I'm a simple girl my lovely and self confessed idiot when it comes to tactics lol
I do think that keepers here punch rather than catch because there are a lot of fast paced crosses,remember de gea was bad in his first year as he had to adapt,coming from spain this could mean this kid would also find it hard.I'm a joe fan,he does more than enough for me and with a new coach i think he will put in the hours to improve

[QUO TE="Pablo1, post: 9314283, member: 42226"]That's some serious simplistic thinking there Karen.
I'm a simple girl my lovely and self confessed idiot when it comes to tactics lol
I do think that keepers here punch rather than catch because there are a lot of fast paced crosses,remember de gea was bad in his first year as he had to adapt,coming from spain this could mean this kid would also find it hard.I'm a joe fan,he does more than enough for me and with a new coach i think he will put in the hours to improve[/QUOTE]
Joe will remain number one if he wants it enough. I genuinely feel his lack of competition over the last four or five years has hindered him a little, and let's not forget he's been quality over that time so the potential to be even better is within him. I'd be surprised if Pep was to walk through the door and tell the squad there's a new number one in town. He might be ruthless but he's not daft.

[QUO TE="Pablo1, post: 9314283, member: 42226"]That's some serious simplistic thinking there Karen.
I do think that keepers here punch rather than catch because there are a lot of fast paced crosses,remember de gea was bad in his first year as he had to adapt,coming from spain this could mean this kid would also find it hard.I'm a joe fan,he does more than enough for me and with a new coach i think he will put in the hours to improve[/QUOTE]
Said it earlier but for me Harts distribution will improve when the defenders and defensive midfield improve at making themselves available and know what they are going to do with it before they receive it. I've see numerous times when Joe has played it short it eventually come back to him so he kicks it long.

At the end of the day i want my goalkeeper to keep out goals and joe is the best at that hence the record number of golden gloves and he has saved our arses time after time.If pep wants more then fine but he is not a god and we don't have to bow down to him,we are not dippers

Joe is one of us and been with us since we were shite. He doesn't need replacing, fantastic keeper who is underated by not only other fans, but ours too.

As for nails saying I don't enough about goalkeeping, give it a rest.

If you think Hart is a great 'keeper you don't know enough about the position.
Yes, he's a fantastic shot-stopper but he's lousy on crosses, does not command his area and his distribution is mediocre. But, hey, if you think you know better than Pep...
And how much have you seen of Ter Stegan to say he's much better?

It looks more like Hart is getting coached into punching the crosses all the time instead of catching it.

Don't forget the Spanish league is completely different than the Premier League it's a lot more physical here. De Gea used to struggle commanding his area.

Cabellero was one of the best in the Spanish league before we signed him and he hasn't looked convincing at the back, League Cup aside.

Well it won't surprise you to know I disagree with you. Hart is the current number one and it's up to him to prove he deserves to be when the season kicks off. If he wants to be at City that's what he'll do.
Buying a second rate back up doesn't fly with me anymore.
Are you calling Ter Stegen second rate?...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.