Marc-Andre ter Stegen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doubt this would be a popular transfer. Harts an extremely good keeper but we certainly wouldn't be buying a keeper whose only leaving for a lack of game time to then stick him on the bench - i.e. Hart would be backup & he's far too good for that essentially equaling Hart leaving.

I'd much rather us give Hart a season under Pep to see if he's able to adapt his game to Pep's style, I mean it really doesn't seem it would be that difficult to get your short distribution to a decent level - and he's certainly got the rest of his game sorted. Just watched the video on this thread about Ter-Stegen's distribution & I'd be astounded if Hart couldn't make those simple passes; it's more about the defenders showing for the ball & the team having the mindset that that is what we're going to do when the keeper has the ball.

So many areas we're desperate for players in where money could be better spent is my feeling.

Just watched the video of his passing and distribution and I was impressed. I don't think that I have seen a goalkeeper with that level of ability on the ball, there is no way on earth Joe would be able to that and Pep knows it. I love Hart and I wish he could continue onto the next phase of our success but he is not a Pep player. Joe is fantastic keeper and his transfer to Liverpool or whoever will come back to haunt us.

Just watched the video of his passing and distribution and I was impressed.

I doubt there's a keeper in the world with a better highlight reel than Hart. Not only is he the best at one on ones, he also has the strongest hands in the business. The finger tip saves he's made are out of this world. I can't recall him ever getting a hand to the ball and not keeping it out.

I don't mean to change the subject here, but if ter Stegen does come in the summer, what is the plan for Angus Gunn's future?

I doubt there's a keeper in the world with a better highlight reel than Hart. Not only is he the best at one on ones, he also has the strongest hands in the business. The finger tip saves he's made are out of this world. I can't recall him ever getting a hand to the ball and not keeping it out.

Apart from rashford in our last game. But I actually agree with you don't get this transfer at all to be honest.

I don't mean to change the subject here, but if ter Stegen does come in the summer, what is the plan for Angus Gunn's future?
A loan to Wigan is the immediate suggestion.He requires experience at a decent first team level,only then can his fantastic potential be properly judged.

Apart from rashford in our last game. But I actually agree with you don't get this transfer at all to be honest.
What's not to get? Even if you don't agree with it you can surely see the reasoning behind it?
I don't think some people realise just how vital it is to Pep that his goalkeepers have the ability (and confidence) to keep the ball moving without slowing down play.
Joe struggles in this aspect, always has but I'm hoping it won't be the case of always will.
The lad is only 23, has played, and proved himself on the biggest stage in club football and at 20 million, is relatively good value.
Not wanting Joe gone is one thing, not being able to see the reasoning behind bringing Stegan in is quite another.

I'll assume this is press nonsense since we do desperately need a new back line but do not need a new keeper. Scratches head

I'll assume this is press nonsense since we do desperately need a new back line but do not need a new keeper. Scratches head
It's possible that a new keeper isn't the only transfer we're thinking about.
Caballero is leaving in the summer so we do need a new keeper regardless of wherever there's truth in this one or not.

It's possible that a new keeper isn't the only transfer we're thinking about.
Caballero is leaving in the summer so we do need a new keeper regardless of wherever there's truth in this one or not.

that's the thing though people are kicking off as if the £20m is all our transfer budget and getting spent on one player!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.