Marc-Andre ter Stegen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hart is 28. Ter Stegen was trying to take the piss out of us at time last season don't need some arrogant **** trying to dribble out with the ball. We have a decent goalkeeper who loves the club that's good enough for me. Remember we've had success with him and he's still young.

He's more than decent. People will remember guys like Kun and Yaya helping us win the league in 2012 but Hart was pulling off these incredible saves on a regular basis that saved us numerous points. He should be made captain under Pep not be on the bench and then sold.

We're not paying £20M for a keeper who will tie up a foreign player berth just to have him as back up. If this is true then I can't help thinking they want rid of Joe, which is fucking ridiculous. Pep might only be here for 3 seasons and when he leaves the next manager might like a more traditional style keeper and brilliant shot stopper like Joe, but it will be too late because he'll be long gone.
Not to mention the fact that we will get crucified in the media who as a whole speak very highly of Joe, and it's not like they need much of an excuse to bash City.

Or if it happens hart leaves, ter stegen doesn't start as hoped and we don't benefit.

I think 2 or 3 core players are off this summer. Joe could be one.
I'd expect Hart to have enough fight in him to want to prove he's number one. I'd rather we not sell Joe and I hope he stays. I like the look of Ter Stegan though and would be happy with the signing.

He's a great keeper and I remember being impressed with his distribution when he played against us in the CL at the Etihad.

If he's wanting to leave the current biggest club in the world where he plays all cup and CL games then it means he wants to play league games so something will have to give. Pep may try and make Hart the player who plays the cup and CL which won't be good enough for him.

I don't buy the 2 top keepers pushing each other idea, eventually one will become number 1 and the other will be unhappy and I just fear after a year we will see a situation similar to the Cech one where Hart will move to a domestic rival :(

I've said that I don't think Hart is a Guardiola player as there are key weaknesses in his game, particularly his distribution. And he isn't a kid any more so it's unlikely those are going to be coached out of him. He's a great shot-stopper, passionate and City through and through but I'm not sure that's enough as I don't think he has the intelligence that a really great keeper has.
He is also homegrown, which is not coach able unless pep has an unknown talent

We're not paying £20M for a keeper who will tie up a foreign player berth just to have him as back up. If this is true then I can't help thinking they want rid of Joe, which is fucking ridiculous. Pep might only be here for 3 seasons and when he leaves the next manager might like a more traditional style keeper and brilliant shot stopper like Joe, but it will be too late because he'll be long gone.
Not to mention the fact that we will get crucified in the media who as a whole speak very highly of Joe, and it's not like they need much of an excuse to bash City.

Football has moved on, and so has a keeper role. City are trying to develop a football style from youth to the first team playing the same way, i doubt a new manager coming in after 3 years will have a say on players at the club. That was the purpose of having a model to build on from youth to first team so no "transitional period" will happen if managers change,

I have picked up and mentioned and got slated for Harts distribution, great shot stopper but football has moved on. Hope Hart has the right people to develop him, if not then he isn't good enough, simple as.

Joe Hart has been pretty consistent the last two years, but there are still weaknesses in his game that are probably too difficult to fix. I'd sell if it means bringing in a player that better fits Pep's idea of a sweeper keeper.

I would ratherus get someone like Fraser Foster for backuo than replace Hart with ter Stegen.

I have no doubt ofhis quality but Hart is synonymous with Manchester City for me and I only want him to move on when he can no longer be the keeper for a top top team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.