Marc-Andre ter Stegen

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Hart would be one mistake away, from losing his spot... And vice versa for ter stegan... Great way to unsettle both

Football has moved on, and so has a keeper role. City are trying to develop a football style from youth to the first team playing the same way, i doubt a new manager coming in after 3 years will have a say on players at the club. That was the purpose of having a model to build on from youth to first team so no "transitional period" will happen if managers change,

I have picked up and mentioned and got slated for Harts distribution, great shot stopper but football has moved on. Hope Hart has the right people to develop him, if not then he isn't good enough, simple as.

They aren't trying to develop a football style at all. They're trying to copy Barcelona, which is why Pinky and Perky were so desperate to get Pep.
Lets just hope the same thing doesn't happen with keepers as what happened with defenders. Everyone wanted centre backs who could pass the ball and was comfortable with the ball at their feet. Now we have very few defenders who can actually defend. John Stones for example, comfortable with the ball and can spray it around like a midfielder, but defensively he's fucking shit.
Joe is a great keeper, the best we have had in a long long time and far better than most of the people on here give him credit for. Some of his performances in Europe have been breathtaking, and even in the Prem he's won us far more points than he's cost us and won us points we didn't deserve. He's also blue through and through and it's a shame that people are happy to forget exactly what he's done for us just because we might be in for the latest keeper who is currently flavour of the month.

Fuck that. If I'm Hart, I'm out. If the new coach gets a keeper without even seeing what I'm capable of, no point in staying. There are enough top teams in need of a top #1 who doesn't pretend he is a midfielder.

Joe Hart has been pretty consistent the last two years, but there are still weaknesses in his game that are probably too difficult to fix. I'd sell if it means bringing in a player that better fits Pep's idea of a sweeper keeper.

i would still have hart as one of the top ten goalkeepers in europe, even with his weaknesses.

13 clean sheets this season i think, and that is with our current defense. you only have to look at this season to see how important he has been and that without him in certain games even more points would have probably been dropped along the way.

looking at our transfer targets in the media it does look like pep is looking to rebuild the spine of the team, which does need a revamp, but replacing hart in his first season could be a gamble considering how good joe has been in the last few seasons and how influential he looks to be in the dressing room.

i would still have hart as one of the top ten goalkeepers in europe, even with his weaknesses.

13 clean sheets this season i think, and that is with our current defense. you only have to look at this season to see how important he has been and that without him in certain games even more points would have probably been dropped along the way.

looking at our transfer targets in the media it does look like pep is looking to rebuild the spine of the team, which does need a revamp, but replacing hart in his first season could be a gamble considering how good joe has been in the last few seasons and how influential he looks to be in the dressing room.

This ! Also find it a bit strange that unlike other English players who are over hyped and over rated , hart is continues to be under rated maybe coz he plays for us

ffs

His distribution is good but as a GK he's FAR below Hart
You can't have seem much of him to think that. Hart should remain our number one and given a chance to prove to Pep that he's good enough for that to be the case, but Ter Stegan is a very good goalkeeper.

Joe has been great for us,not only a great keeper but a fantastic leader and ambassador too apparently,however,he does have his moments......so while such a decision would be difficult,the reality is.....if Ter Stegen is the better keeper,im all for it.
I wouldn't expect Joe to sit around as a number 2 either.

Joe has been great for us,not only a great keeper but a fantastic leader and ambassador too apparently,however,he does have his moments......so while such a decision would be difficult,the reality is.....if Ter Stegen is the better keeper,im all for it.
I wouldn't expect Joe to sit around as a number 2 either.
I said it yesterday, if Hart isn't willing to fight for his place then I'd be disappointed in him. No player (as we keep being told) is irreplaceable and if you have enough confidence in your ability then stay and try and prove it.

A lot was said when Willy came into the club. A lot of people thought he could replace Joe, mind you he did replace him for a few games but Joe fought back well. So competition shouldn't be anything new for Joe. Willy came in with a big reputation but Ter Stegen before moving to Barcelona was the best young goalkeeper out there.

Given the more pressing priorities in the squad (full backs, centre half, centre mid, a new forward) it seems odd that we're looking to spend £20m on a new keeper when we have a perfectly good one already, with the added bonus that he's English.

Then again, this is all based on one Telegraph report, so I wouldn't treat it as gospel just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.