Marc-Andre ter Stegen

Status
Not open for further replies.
This homegrown quota? Surely having England's No 1 is an easy start.
Ter Stegan is good, actually very good, but I think we have to remember Hart is a fantastic keeper, who has saved us on so many occasions. It shouldn't be underestimated how good he's been in the absence of a settled back four either.
However I remember talking about Pep coming and warning some fellow Blues he'd make ruthless decisions, some that would involve 'fans favourites' becoming surplus to requirements and being shown the door.
If Hart isn't safe, it's fair to say no one is.

Given the more pressing priorities in the squad (full backs, centre half, centre mid, a new forward) it seems odd that we're looking to spend £20m on a new keeper when we have a perfectly good one already, with the added bonus that he's English.

Then again, this is all based on one Telegraph report, so I wouldn't treat it as gospel just yet.
Considering a big part of any Guardiola team is to play it out comfortably from the goalkeeper I'd say it is something which needs to be addressed. Ideally it would involve Hart being coached better with the ball at his feet but if he's not confident (which is the impression I get after all these years) then I've no doubt we'd be looking to bring somebody in who is. The trick is signing somebody who can do the other aspects that make a top keeper well, which so far we've struggled with.
I agree it's not the most pressing priority but if Guardiola is the perfectionist we're led to believe he is I'm not surprised he's looking to start from the goalkeeper.

A new keeper is the least of our problems ffs
It is, but if one becomes available who's good enough to push Joe then we've got to consider it. Caballero is likely to be leaving so we need somebody unless we plan to promote from within.

If Ter Stegen comes, he'll start. There's no way on earth he's leaving his current situation at Barca to do the same here, he'll want to start, and he's a more Pep type of keeper than Joe. Though I'd much rather spend the amount on a competent LB.

Gutted if true. Like others have said if Ter Stegen comes Hart won't stay
Is that all it takes for Hart to give up on his place? A decent keeper coming in? I'd like to think he's got a bit more about him than that.

Pep selling Hart
=
Pellegrini selling Barry,
only much worse because goalkeeper is a more key position, and Hart has more years left

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.