Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't take that from his conference, I understood that they were still working on targets and that there was two weeks left. Did he not say that??

He did, after he explained he would play Ake, Cancello or a youth player there, only then did he say the transfer window is still open.

Similar to last season when he said he had Sterling, Jesus, Foden that could play striker and only then said the transfer window is still open.

I think we will. It was obvious we needed another cb when Kompany left, it was obvious we needed a striker when Aguero left and now it's obvious we need a left back as Zinchenko left.

In the previous two times we waited a season or two. I think we'll do the same here.

The club hopes Pep can work his magic filling those positions with midfielders. It's worked so far in the league.

I just think it's a step too far when we try to compete on all 4 trophies, it leaves us short with injuries in the latter stages of the league and champions league.

When Kompany left, Pep was convinced Fernandinho could play CB. And he was pushing Garcia into the team. We had 5 players for 2 positions. Plus THB as well. It needed quality, but there were bodies there.

When Aguero left we had 9 senior attacking players to choose from that Pep could sweep across the front with the false 9 system.

This is different. It is 2 full backs on total. Zero left backs. 6 for 4 positions. No amount of flexibility can cover the sheer lack of bodies.

Which is why I just don't see us going into it. And frankly, with 3 spare spaces in the squad, and all the incoming money, the club should not even be contemplating it, in a year that we have the chance to win the 3rd PL in a row, hace signed Haaland, potentially Pep's final year, etc etc.

I think Cucurella is a decent player and would have been happy for us to sign him...but I definitely don't think he's worth worth what Chelsea have paid.
Fair play to Brighton for getting a huge fee for him..but when they try to sign a replacement they too might find the fee has jumped up because of what Chelsea paid.
I hope we sign a left back before the transfer window closes but if we don't then we will have to cope regardless.

It would be interesting to know how much say Pep has over buys. I would guess he has the final say ? Hes the best in the world imo so would Txiki dare to say your having this player over another?
Txiki identifies the targets. If Pep doesn’t want a player, he doesn’t come. If Pep wants a player but Txiki and Soriano think he is too expensive, he doesnt come. See Alexis. Pep,of course, may tell Txiki he fancies a player not on the target list. Txiki will then check him out and take it from there. Every player on the list has a price beyond which we will not go.
Still don’t know why they have not signed me.

Last edited:
And that would be really, really shit. PL champions going into a season with 2 full backs.. doesn't make sense
What concerns me is when we get 2 hard fames in a week. We can wing an easy game then have a big effort game but putting 2 tough matches together especially with injuries might be a tall order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.