Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we will. It was obvious we needed another cb when Kompany left, it was obvious we needed a striker when Aguero left and now it's obvious we need a left back as Zinchenko left.

In the previous two times we waited a season or two. I think we'll do the same here.

The club hopes Pep can work his magic filling those positions with midfielders. It's worked so far in the league.

I just think it's a step too far when we try to compete on all 4 trophies, it leaves us short with injuries in the latter stages of the league and champions league.
Agree with this, we are rarely tested in many games in any season, the odd Prem game, later stages of the Champions league and later cup rounds, that's when our weaknesses show up, last year we nearly blew the title because of injuries and fatigue, maybe that's why we blew the Madrid game in the final seconds.

The LB situation has been a problem for a long time, yes Cancelo is very good there, only a fool would say other but that also means Walker gets no rest and struggles as the season goes on.

With a World Cup bang in the middle of the season and a vast majority of our players probably involved well into the latter stages, this season fatigue will play a huge part next April/May.

Honest question as i dont follow football outside City nearly as much recently, was he seen as a big talent before our interest became public? I cant say i really noticed him play or be mentioned as a stand out player last season, although I know defenders dont usually get much hype.

Basically, is he really a 60m player or have brighton just done a good job extracting money due to not wanting to sell? Surely there are other LBs around for less or similar prices with similar ability?

It says a lot that at (nearly) 23 y.o. Cucu went to a bottom half PL team for 15m. That is: he wasn't perceived as a big talent before his season at Brighton. And I think he might struggle at Chelsea, for he has no experience at this level and once Chilwell regains form, he will be no more than a squad player (he's too short for a 1st choice CB). Chilwell was excellent before his injury. It's not guaranteed that he will regain form, but, imo, it's likely.

I think we will. It was obvious we needed another cb when Kompany left, it was obvious we needed a striker when Aguero left and now it's obvious we need a left back as Zinchenko left.

In the previous two times we waited a season or two. I think we'll do the same here.

The club hopes Pep can work his magic filling those positions with midfielders. It's worked so far in the league.

I just think it's a step too far when we try to compete on all 4 trophies, it leaves us short with injuries in the latter stages of the league and champions league.
I don’t think we will try and compete for all four trophies in this fractured stupid World Cup season.

I think we’ll be going all-out to win the Champions League with our small squad, see what happens in the Prem (1st or 2nd, I think we’ll finish second this season) and I think we’ll play much weakened teams in the domestic cups.

You don't buy 400m superyachts buying a LB that is worth 30m for 60m, fools are easily parted from their money.

I was all in favor of this deal but the deal Chelsea have done is fucking madness, I still think this present transfer market will come to it's senses in the next few windows with the impending recession.

Whatever, Cucurella has got to have an incredible career to justify this fee and contract.
About the same fee as Dias.

It says a lot that at (nearly) 23 y.o. Cucu went to a bottom half PL team for 15m. That is: he wasn't perceived as a big talent before his season at Brighton. And I think he might struggle at Chelsea, for he has no experience at this level and once Chilwell regains form, he will be no more than a squad player (he's too short for a 1st choice CB). Chilwell was excellent before his injury. It's not guaranteed that he will regain form, but, imo, it's likely.
"he wasn't perceived as a big talent"

That's not true, you don't start you career at La Masia if your not talented, he is talented maybe a late developer and Brighton paid a considerable sum for him in their terms, so clearly they rated him highly.

We should be looking far more at this type of deal for MCFC not the CFG, it looks like we have a gem in Alvarez, Jesus was a bargain, there are uncut gems out there.

Quite gutted we missed out on him. He will be a top player I have no doubt but can understand why we felt it was too high. Won’t miss this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.