Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
You seem to have taken this particular non-transfer to heart, mate.
I have haven't I. Was delighted it was happening - watched him a lot last season, excellent player that would have suited us perfectly. We misread it and I get fed up with all the caravan circling, excuse making and monetary purse string holders in here.
Forget Liverpool's "net spend" trophy, our gleeful "we walk away" trophy gets a good polishing - usually after we've undervalued.

Bloom played it very well, refusing our 30-40m bids to end up with something much better.
they did same with White last summer even if there were not much of competition for him only Arsenal...

to be seen how good Cucurella really is at a team competing for trophies.

we need to find a proper LB for ourselves.

I’m sure they will buy a lower priced player as cover and leave Cancelo as 1st choice LB.

Not happy with Stones as the RB cover for Walker in that case. Imo we need a strong alternative.

Full back is an important position for the way we play. Everywhere else on the pitch we're stacked e.g. 4 International Centre Backs for two spots.

Going with 3 players for 2 spots at full back, with one as lower priced cover, is just asking for us to have a key weakness imo.

I'm not complaining about Cucurella, £62m is rich for a player with 1 good PL season. But letting Zinch go is now clearly a mistake. We must correct that.

I have haven't I. Was delighted it was happening - watched him a lot last season, excellent player that would have suited us perfectly. We misread it and I get fed up with all the caravan circling, excuse making and monetary purse string holders in here.
Forget Liverpool's "net spend" trophy, our gleeful "we walk away" trophy gets a good polishing - usually after we've undervalued.
I honestly didn’t know enough about him to get excited or disappointed. It’s obviously a position that’s been in need of strengthening for a time, even more so now but I’m quite cool about it atm. I still believe we will make a signing before the window closes, I don’t think we a daft enough to leave ourselves so short and reliant on players staying fit to get us through the season.

"he wasn't perceived as a big talent"

That's not true, you don't start you career at La Masia if your not talented, he is talented maybe a late developer and Brighton paid a considerable sum for him in their terms, so clearly they rated him highly.

We should be looking far more at this type of deal for MCFC not the CFG, it looks like we have a gem in Alvarez, Jesus was a bargain, there are uncut gems out there.

A player perceived as a big talent doesn't go to Brighton at 23 y.o. for 15m. Who was after him last summer, given he was available at 15m and perceived as a top talent? No top team, right? That's the answer for you. Not every youngster at Barca's academy is (perceived as) a big talent.

Teams like City are amongst the best in the world precisely because they don't sign unproven players for the 1st team. Better to wait and sign a player for 50m than to fill the squad with unproven talents.

A player perceived as a big talent doesn't go to Brighton at 23 y.o. for 15m. Who was after him last summer, given he was available at 15m and perceived as a top talent? No top team, right? That's the answer for you. Not ever youngster at Barca's academy is (perceived as) a big talent.

Teams like City are amongst the best in the world precisely because they don't sign unproven players for the 1st team. Better to wait and sign a player for 50m than to fill the squad with unproven talents.
Well maybe more should, he has probably quadrupled his wages over the last 14 months and is now very much in the big time.

Don't look down on lower tier Premier league clubs, a lot of very good players in world football would be more than happy to get a stepping stone into the Premier league.

£63m, fuck me. Fair play to Brighton, they've played a blinder there. I can see why we started to get a bit weird about it.

[I don't watch Brighton enough to know if he's worth that, and I certainly don't watch other leagues to know whether the names being chucked about are better or worse]

Chelsea fans are happy they've got the player but seem miffed about the fee, Brighton fans seem happy with the fee but pissed off that they're now effectively developing a young Chelsea centre back with no option to buy instead of just reinvesting the Cucurella fee and we're sat here without a left back.

Weird one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.