Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wide I think, with Jesus looking like a done deal and Mahrez 31 and the need to supply Haaland I think Cancelo might do a decent job.

Not entirely sure he has the work rate to play wide for pep to be honest but the RB spot is going to be interesting between walker and cancelo as I don’t see cucurella coming in as a back up? I think he’s the starter so I wonder if the planning is for cancelo to go back to starting RB and Cucurella LB with walker and Zinchenko the rotation players?

Not entirely sure he has the work rate to play wide for pep to be honest but the RB spot is going to be interesting between walker and cancelo as I don’t see cucurella coming in as a back up? I think he’s the starter so I wonder if the planning is for cancelo to go back to starting RB and Cucurella LB with walker and Zinchenko the rotation players?

The only thing I’ll say is that we still need Walkers unbelievable pace to try to prevent teams beating our back line on the counter. He can still catch pigeon’s which with his strength is a fantastic attribute for our defence.

It's actually funny, that I find cancelo playing better at LB than RB
I think Cancelo was great earlier in the season but as the season wore on and he played too much he wore down and his performance suffered. That most of his early season games were at Leftback in my opinion was simply coincidence.

He was very good early on playing in either Fullback position. And was struggling late, regardless of position

In short, get a Leftback, Currucella, Baum or someone else. Just get a good one! We'll need it

If we get this guy I think we’ll see an improved version of Grealish. Always felt like he and Cancelo got in each other’s way a little as they both want to cut back and play inside, they occupy similar spaces. Cucarella can make those overlapping runs on the outside that give Grealish another passing option and drags defenders away. We haven’t had the option of genuine width high up the pitch on the left since Sane/Mendy (Mendy was also bobbins).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.