Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep loves Kane.
I agree, think Pep wasn’t really thinking long term or about the club with that one.
He wanted Kane at all costs but looks like City’s money men, like you said, were not quite as keen.
I don’t think it’s a popular theory but there are two of us perhaps!

Of course Brighton are publicly going to put up a fight. For negotiation purposes as well for the optics for their own fans.
But they are a selling club when it comes down to it. They have also been sniffing around some of our young players so they won’t want to burn their bridges with us.
Once the player has made his mind up it is only in rare cases like Kane that they are held against their will.
My guess is that it will probably get done at a a bit more than we wanted and a bit less than they wanted. And maybe with a loan or sell with buyback young player thrown in to grease the wheels

I have a theory on Kane.

I think Pep wanted him but Txiki wasn’t quite as keen looking at the price and age of the player and the reverse was true for Haaland with Pep having a few concerns about Erling’s adaptability to how we play which were not so much of a concern with Kane.

I don’t think City bid multiple times for Kane. I think they bid once and it was an easy bid for Spurs to reject as it was very low and nothing else happened.

Obviously it’s only my take and I’m probably wildly wrong but I never went for Levy being a great negotiator on this one as the reason Kane never arrived.

Not really connected to Cucurella!
Yes, I suspect the same, or at least the first bit: Pep is all about the here and now and knew Kane would deliver for him from day one. Txiki and the club would have wanted Haaland because of his ability of course but also because of his marketability. He's the biggest name we've ever bought and that brings in the glory hunters around the world.

I do think this will get done. Brighton are still looking at lbs and if there is a 10-5m difference between City and Brighton, and Pep wants it, and Cucurella wants it, it’s just gonna take some creative accounting, like with Leeds and Phillips.

City are in no stress either really with Kalvin done. Bloom isn’t an idiot and probably wouldn’t turn down a 200-300% profit on a player after one year :)

I think this will get over the line but City won’t play games as they’ve shown in the past. Wouldn’t surprise me if they go with what they have at the back, if Brighton asking price is deemed to high.

Some proper entitled bellends in here. It's not up to us to decide what he's worth to Brighton. He's their best player and got 4 years left on his contract.

Hopefully we can make a deal happen because I think Pep would make him the best LB in the world within 2 years.
It is up to City to decide what he is worth to us though.

I have a theory on Kane.

I think Pep wanted him but Txiki wasn’t quite as keen looking at the price and age of the player and the reverse was true for Haaland with Pep having a few concerns about Erling’s adaptability to how we play which were not so much of a concern with Kane.

I don’t think City bid multiple times for Kane. I think they bid once and it was an easy bid for Spurs to reject as it was very low and nothing else happened.

Obviously it’s only my take and I’m probably wildly wrong but I never went for Levy being a great negotiator on this one as the reason Kane never arrived.

Not really connected to Cucurella!

I thought Pol Ballus and Sam Lee had both reported that after our first bid of cash + players, Kane asked Joe Lewis to leave when they met in the Bahamas and Lewis said the price was £200m.

At that point City realised it wasn’t going to happen and it fizzled out.

I thought Pol Ballus and Sam Lee had both reported that after our first bid of cash + players, Kane asked Joe Lewis to leave when they met in the Bahamas and Lewis said the price was £200m.

At that point City realised it wasn’t going to happen and it fizzled out.
We will never know what actually happened but I don’t think City were too unhappy missing out on Kane.

They famously did not pick up the phone because there weren’t many calls imho.

Of course Brighton are publicly going to put up a fight. For negotiation purposes as well for the optics for their own fans.
But they are a selling club when it comes down to it. They have also been sniffing around some of our young players so they won’t want to burn their bridges with us.
Once the player has made his mind up it is only in rare cases like Kane that they are held against their will.
My guess is that it will probably get done at a a bit more than we wanted and a bit less than they wanted. And maybe with a loan or sell with buyback young player thrown in to grease the wheels
Glad someone said it.

Imagine if Bernardo was liking tweets about joining Barca this summer. There'd be some unhappy campers in here. I'd be one of them tbf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.