Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cancelo is not going to replace him but we are going to have a tactical shift to adapt to play inverted wingers and play crosses to the striker. Walker is bad at all this aspect and are cancelo's strength. Playing cancelo there will also give us the option to play two strikers or two no 6

We play more than enough crosses into the box as it is. Spamming even more towards Haaland isn't playing to his strengths anyway.

£50mil is top whack for a fullback, consequently Tony Bloom won’t be requesting anything over that.

We’ve probably low-balled early doors knowing they only paid £15mil a year ago, maybe floated circa £30mil for a double your money.

Deal will get done around £45mil with a few add-ons.

To be fair Mattyb on here said much the same.

Seems the source is one of their best. 1 year into his contract, their player of the season and no pressure to sell. They are in a very strong position. Bloom will always sell but there won’t be any bargains here. Depends how much dearer he is than our second option.

Im expecting it will get sorted but I wouldn’t be astonished if we moved on.

Last edited:
My guess is City have a price in mind - call it £X. Ideally, they would like to pay X-n. But they will go to X. If Brighton wants more, we move on. That has been City's modus operandi for some years now and explains why we didn't pay £80 million for Maguire, for example.

Why we are like this when we have 'limitless money*' I really don't know.

* Source, Rawk, Red Cafe, 2012-2022

i guess it`ll be down the the player a bit as well to push for the move? At least we have the potential of Raum is seemingly available as well?
I’m not sure how may times this tactic has been successful in the recent past. Right now I can’t think of any. It’s more how long of their contract is left and if the selling club are open to the idea.

They never put a transfer request in writing as it costs the player money.

Fernandiho paid £4 million of his transfer fee a long time ago to get to us but I’m not sure that’s the sort of thing you see very much!

If Cucurella pushes Bloom, which I don't expect, it won’t help negotiations.

My guess is City have a price in mind - call it £X. Ideally, they would like to pay X-n. But they will go to X. If Brighton wants more, we move on. That has been City's modus operandi for some years now and explains why we didn't pay £80 million for Maguire, for example.

Why we are like this when we have 'limitless money*' I really don't know.

* Source, Rawk, Red Cafe, 2012-2022
Thanks for the detail in how negotiations work.

I have a theory on Kane.

I think Pep wanted him but Txiki wasn’t quite as keen looking at the price and age of the player and the reverse was true for Haaland with Pep having a few concerns about Erling’s adaptability to how we play which were not so much of a concern with Kane.

I don’t think City bid multiple times for Kane. I think they bid once and it was an easy bid for Spurs to reject as it was very low and nothing else happened.

Obviously it’s only my take and I’m probably wildly wrong but I never went for Levy being a great negotiator on this one as the reason Kane never arrived.

Not really connected to Cucurella!

I have a theory on Kane.

I think Pep wanted him but Txiki wasn’t quite as keen looking at the price and age of the player and the reverse was true for Haaland with Pep having a few concerns about Erling’s adaptability to how we play which were not so much of a concern with Kane.

I don’t think City bid multiple times for Kane. I think they bid once and it was an easy bid for Spurs to reject as it was very low and nothing else happened.

Obviously it’s only my take and I’m probably wildly wrong but I never went for Levy being a great negotiator on this one as the reason Kane never arrived.

Not really connected to Cucurella!

Pep loves Kane.
I agree, think Pep wasn’t really thinking long term or about the club with that one.
He wanted Kane at all costs but looks like City’s money men, like you said, were not quite as keen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.