Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting a Harry Kane vibe about this one. Clearly we want the player, but Brighton (rightly) are going to play hardball.

1656329951996.png

No they’re not. He is their player and we can’t just point at him and say (Little Britain style) “I want that one!”

They are a well run club in the PL. They aren’t short of money and if City don’t meet the valuation they are betting that another club in the future will.

We can’t get annoyed at Barca‘s behaviour and then think its fine for us to do the same.

We haven’t even made an offer yet but I believe them when they say they would rather keep their best player.
I missed that bit when he became the best left back in the world

No they’re not. He is their player and we can’t just point at him and say (Little Britain style) “I want that one!”

They are a well run club in the PL. They aren’t short of money and if City don’t meet the valuation they are betting that another club in the future will.

We can’t get annoyed at Barca‘s behaviour and then think its fine for us to do the same.

We haven’t even made an offer yet but I believe them when they say they would rather keep their best player.
Nah. Brighton need to realise that when a big dog comes in for a player then said player will want to leave. Comparing Barca is not accurate. If they weren’t broke I would be concerned about Bernie going.

Cucurella needs to hand in a transfer request to keep the fire burning otherwise move onto another target. It will be his loss.

This English transfer dance happens every time we buy from a club in the premier.

Last edited:
And i think Bernardo would command more of a fee than someone who was not heard of about 18 months ago

Let's turn the table. How much would City want for our player of last season before considering to sell?(even though we wouldn't sell)

Brighton have every right to hold out for the transfer fee they want for him.

Some of our fans are becoming Rag-esc and entitled when it comes to City trying to sign players from other clubs.

If the transfer fee is £50mill, pay it, he's worth it. He's young and has proved he can play and thrive in the PL with an average team. No offence to Brighton.

The left back position has been a problem position for City for years. He will solve that problem for years to come. Pay the money and buy him. Done!

Let's turn the table. How much would City want for our player of last season before considering to sell?(even though we wouldn't sell)

Brighton have every right to hold out for the transfer fee they want for him.

Some of our fans are becoming Rag-esc and entitled when it comes to City trying to sign players from other clubs.

If the transfer fee is £50mill, pay it, he's worth it. He's young and has proved he can play and thrive in the PL with an average team. No offence to Brighton.

The left back position has been a problem position for City for years. He will solve that problem for years to come. Pay the money and buy him.
Its city mate so probably a year loan with 10mil transfer fee

If Brighton's asking price is too much for us then I wonder if we'll move on to someone like David Raum or if we'll follow our recent strategy of not signing any player for that position until next year.
I’ve been thinking this too, I’ve also had the thought process that we may be using this as a cover to sign another target and this is one of those that if we can get him cheap enough we’ll pull the trigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.