Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's turn the table. How much would City want for our player of last season before considering to sell?(even though we wouldn't sell)

Brighton have every right to hold out for the transfer fee they want for him.

Some of our fans are becoming Rag-esc and entitled when it comes to City trying to sign players from other clubs.

If the transfer fee is £50mill, pay it, he's worth it. He's young and has proved he can play and thrive in the PL with an average team. No offence to Brighton.

The left back position has been a problem position for City for years. He will solve that problem for years to come. Pay the money and buy him. Done!

We can at least go in at 35m+ addons like all clubs do with us so it’s now simple as in offer 50m from the off you start low and meet in the middle of the club don’t won’t to sell tel city he is not for sale at any fee and the lads got 4 years left on his contract..

You can’t argue with their stance , especially as we have form for paying £50m + for full backs

just depends whether we are willing to go that high or even beyond that

the only other way is if he kicks up a fuss and puts in a transfer request. Very few players do that these days though

I think £50M should be the mark. We shouldn't be paying more than that. Anyways the media is always raging. They said £60 for philips but at the end we got him for £42m

I want Zinc to stay but if he does want a new challenge & playing week in week out then we could include him in this transfer, similar to the Cancelo/Danilo deal

I think Brighton would accept £50m if it came to it

Why do you think that? Not an aggressive question. Just curious what your reasoning is.

Based on what the market is; based on what sort of transfers have been going down this summer; based on what we have paid for defenders in the recent past; based on what they know we can pay: – I'd table £50 million if I were Txixi and Pep. Maybe a bit more, even. But do I think that Bloom and Potter will take it? Frankly, I don't have the faintest idea. They don't particularly want to sell, they're not in any particular financial trouble, they've got a player who's done a year of his contract with a lot more to go. Worst that can happen is that they'll have an unhappy player for a while. But he'll probably knuckle down to it. As Kane did. The difference there is that I think Levy faffed around with us for the whole summer. He basically had no intention of selling at all. Also, Kane is a local boy who maybe had misgivings about breaking with the Tottenham fanbase over it. Cucurella does not have that kind of link with the club, although he's fairly happy there, apparently. He and his agent may push harder. That's about all I'm relying on.

I sort of suspect that this may not go through. If it doesn't, I'll be disappointed. But what people seem to be discounting is the possibility that we will live with it, and go back for him next year. Sure, it's not ideal, but we just proved that we could play without a striker for the best part of three years. Who would have thought that? We didn't want to go in for just anyone. Pep wanted Kane — who was probably never truly available, at least not in his chairman's mind. We waited for the best young attacker on the planet (Mbappe as a rival? Mmmm… maybe). We got him.
Let's get the right players, and be patient if they're not immediately available.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.