Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
I swear when we were very first linked to him at the end of the season a fee of around £27m was being banded around, what the hell happened

I swear when we were very first linked to him at the end of the season a fee of around £27m was being banded around, what the hell happened

He was never going for anything that low. He has like four years left on his contract, was their player of the season and their owner doesn't need the money. It was always going to take a big fee to get him.

£35mill is way off. I would laugh at City for that opening offer. I'm sure Brighton would as well. Player of the season. 4 year contract. Young. Etc. Go in between £40mill-£45mill and work upwards gradually. Brighton might take us seriously then. Sometimes City have to pay the asking and going price. This is one of those occasions. There is no other option.

Yeah that’s fair but you can still arrive at the total of 45m with a low ball first payment have addons!

Think 15m they bought him for so a decent turnaround!

If they don’t want to sell its there choice to say not for sale full stop!

What good would a transfer request do? He's a year in. A transfer request usually forsakes a loyalty bonus toeards the end of a contract, not much use before that. As we saw with Mahrez who was denied a transfer request.

Besides, Brighton are not ruling out selling him, just for the right offer.
Anything north of £40m is not the right approach. They took him of getafe for a relatively low fee and will double their money. No need to be greedy.

i really dont see it being Cucurella or no one to be honest mate? We either want a LB or we don`t and has been mentioned players like Raum are no doubt obtainable for £35-40m if we want the job done? No doubt Pep wants Cucurella so the club will be trying to do that deal for a while yet if there seems a chance but thats also comes with the downfall of if your other potential targets get snapped up while you haggle? My take is we most definately need a top class proper LB.
Think it's a case of opportunity here. They don't just want anyone unless they fit the profile. So if it's not Cucurella might not see Raum or someone else as the alternative, and rather wait it out to get one. I'd prefer if we addressed it this window but just going off past record

Anything north of £40m is not the right approach. They took him of getafe for a relatively low fee and will double their money. No need to be greedy.

Disagree. As I said with Torres, who gives a fuck what we/they got him for, and ifnthe modest profit is still a profit. He is now a year into a new contract, has shown quality and promise, and has a new value accordingly.

I don't know what Cucurella's is, but 40m seems low. What they paid for him is irrelevant.

They are in a position to accept what they want. Or nothing at all.

Disagree. As I said with Torres, who gives a fuck what we/they got him for, and ifnthe modest profit is still a profit. He is now a year into a new contract, has shown quality and promise, and has a new value accordingly.

I don't know what Cucurella's is, but 40m seems low. What they paid for him is irrelevant.

They are in a position to accept what they want. Or nothing at all.
You can’t keep a player hostage by placing an unreasonable fee. The player will want out and his form impacted. Look what happened Kane. Pretty much wasted a season of his career. The contract works both ways. If he had signed a deal and turned to crap the club would want rid.

1 good season and he is now a £60m defender? As I say unreasonable and will cause unrest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.