Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think brighton would sell and honestly good on them I wouldn't budge my valuation either if i were them. perhaps time to move to #2 on the list

£35mill is way off. I would laugh at City for that opening offer. I'm sure Brighton would as well. Player of the season. 4 year contract. Young. Etc. Go in between £40mill-£45mill and work upwards gradually. Brighton might take us seriously then. Sometimes City have to pay the asking and going price. This is one of those occasions. There is no other option.
Agree, think a lot of the headline transfers so far have been players towards the end of their contract and that is setting the tone. And Brighton know we need a left back. So won’t be less than £42m IMO.

There's loads of other options. Cucurella is a good player but he's not going to revolutionise the way we play. Which is why I don't really expect this to happen - when we were first linked I assumed there would be a release clause, only way I could see it getting done.

They'll ask for 60m IMO, and are unlikely to budge.

£45mill(+add-ons) to £50mill flat should do it??

Brighton have to be realistic. Once a players head is turned by City, Pep, winning the PL title, playing in the CL, winning cups, they are gone.

But if Bloom is going down the Levy road, City should walk away, which is a shame.

The fact that there’s no official or unofficial noises coming from Brighton via a reputable Brighton source is encouraging.

As with players, City would have done their research on Bloom and his characteristic.

Brighton have to be realistic. Once a players head is turned by City, Pep, winning the PL title, playing in the CL, winning cups, they are gone.

But if Bloom is going down the Levy road, City should walk away, which is a shame.

The fact that there’s no official or unofficial noises coming from Brighton via a reputable Brighton source is encouraging.

As with players, City would have done their research on Bloom and his characteristic.
This guy is their correspondent for the athletic and apparently a good source for them

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220627-094009_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220627-094009_Samsung Internet.jpg
    377.5 KB · Views: 158

Whats all this levy rubbish he is doing whats best for his club nothing more.

Good luck beating him at poker!

I hate buying players from other English clubs. The pattern is a familiar one. Chairman quotes monstrous fee that would not be asked if Liverpool or the rags were the bidders. City, rightly, drag their feet. Player declares he is not in the ‘right frame of mind’, but doesn’t hand in transfer request. Media leaps at the opportunity to portray City as remorseless bullies (again, something that would never happen if the dippers were in our position), ruining football, etc. Suitably ‘encouraged’, the Chairman refuses to budge….and around and around we go as the whole thing turns into a circus with City cast as the villain of the piece by the click driven press.
Make a reasonable bid and if the response comes in the form of intransigent media soundbites, walk away and leave them with their unhappy player

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.