Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate buying players from other English clubs. The pattern is a familiar one. Chairman quotes monstrous fee that would not be asked if Liverpool or the rags were the bidders. City, rightly, drag their feet. Player declares he is not in the ‘right frame of mind’, but doesn’t hand in transfer request. Media leaps at the opportunity to portray City as remorseless bullies (again, something that would never happen if the dippers were in our position), ruining football, etc. Suitably ‘encouraged’, the Chairman refuses to budge….and around and around we go as the whole thing turns into a circus with City cast as the villain of the piece.
Make a reasonable bid and if the response comes in the form of intransigent media soundbites, walk away and leave them with their unhappy player

Corrected.

If the Rags were bidders the monstrous fee quoted would be even bigger. ;-) And the Rags would pay it without hesitation.

OK.

Hopefully after Jesus and Sterling are done?

Would be a shame no to at least test Bloom’s resolve.
Pol ballus3 peps mate on athletic podcast today said he would expect it only to be done if zinchenko leaving. Sam Lee was more optimistic and thought it'd defo happen. Who knows. Like you say it'd be a shame to not even try

Reactions: jrb
£45mill(+add-ons) to £50mill flat should do it??

Brighton have to be realistic. Once a players head is turned by City, Pep, winning the PL title, playing in the CL, winning cups, they are gone.

But if Bloom is going down the Levy road, City should walk away, which is a shame.

The fact that there’s no official or unofficial noises coming from Brighton via a reputable Brighton source is encouraging.

As with players, City would have done their research on Bloom and his characteristic.
That is my expectation as well.
Brighton accepted less for a home grown lad who got in the England squad and half that for Bissouma.
They are a selling club. Part of the reason players agree to go there in the first place is on the understanding they will be allowed to leave for the right price. Cucurella will have been sold that very possibility when he signed

Reactions: jrb
You mean the thing we tried to do with Harry Kane last season and ended up empty handed?
Different club, different status, different selling policy, not a home grown legend. Apples and oranges.
Basically one Brighton ITK has posted a predictable club brief and a load of fanny wipes have started the same ‘it’s over, move on’ nonsense last seen during the Grealish signing

Of course it’s the transfer market with negotiation. As a fan base we don’t have to be twats about how big we are and expect to take players whether the selling club likes it or not. It doesn’t matter now huge we are if the selling club believes they can get more money elsewhere and says no.
Let's be honest, we are far bigger that Brighton, they will eventually give in.

Different club, different status, different selling policy, not a home grown legend. Apples and oranges.
Basically one Brighton ITK has posted a predictable club brief and a load of fanny wipes have started the same ‘it’s over, move on’ nonsense last seen during the Grealish signing
I am not saying it from a resignation point of view, I am impartial. get him, sure, but it's also fine to move to the 2nd target, basically whatever the club wants to do is cool with me lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.