Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think most of us know deep down how this will play out from a City perspective - if City want the player and there are sufficient links to say we do our modus operandi is hardly a mystery - we will have checked the players level of interest with the agent and if we get a green light we will have an outline agreement re terms. We will then put a valuation on the player - and at some point approach Brighton - if we can do a deal that aligns with our valuation we will do the deal - if we can’t we will walk away. All this about the player not being interested is bullshit - if that were the case anyone who knows how we operate knows we’d have publicly distanced ourself from the deal by now. No one knows whether this deal will go through but if it dies it will be in line with the valuation City place on the player.
Yep, precisely how any sensible Brighton fan should see it as well…….of course Cucurella is interested and any of our lot suggesting that he isn’t are deluded. Doubling (at least) of wages, guaranteed trophies and a better chance of being picked for the national squad, he’d be mad not to be. It’s a pretty simple matter of a City v Bloom valuation.

I would love this transfer to happen. He's a great player, with huge potential and would undoubtedly improve us.

Gutted with the posts from the Brighton fans though, was getting excited but can't argue with a made up cousin having a made up zoom call with the player. Having said that, we'd have had no chance anyway with their Chairman being a poker player because, as we all know, buying a footballer is exactly like playing poker...maybe if we throw in a bag of chips we'll get him?

I would love this transfer to happen. He's a great player, with huge potential and would undoubtedly improve us.

Gutted with the posts from the Brighton fans though, was getting excited but can't argue with a made up cousin having a made up zoom call with the player. Having said that, we'd have had no chance anyway with their Chairman being a poker player because, as we all know, buying a footballer is exactly like playing poker...maybe if we throw in a bag of chips we'll get him?
Thought we’d run out of chips? ;-)

I personally think Brighton are a great club at that level, superbly run, profitable and holding their own and indeed overachieving compared with alleged "elite" clubs.
Brighton are an incredibly well run club, although not quite profitable, I think Tony Bloom currently underwrites about £10M a season. He has given the club the best part of £250M building the stadium, academy and getting us to where we are today. Long term the aim is for the club to be sustainable without his financial support. Our financial philosophy is buy the best young players, develop them through the academy and on loan, with a route to the first team and then sold at some point if a big offer comes in, which is what has happened with White and Bissouma. In regards to Cucarella, the timing isn’t quite right, which is similar to when we kept hold of Dale Stephens, even though we were in the Championship and Burnley were in the Premier League. Trust me, Cucarella can want to go all he likes, but he’s got 4 years left on his contract, so he stays unless the offer is way above what he is currently worth to us, not City. My guess is Bloom will want him to stay another season or even two, and then be sold for £50M. GOSBTS.

Brighton are an incredibly well run club, although not quite profitable, I think Tony Bloom currently underwrites about £10M a season. He has given the club the best part of £250M building the stadium, academy and getting us to where we are today. Long term the aim is for the club to be sustainable without his financial support. Our financial philosophy is buy the best young players, develop them through the academy and on loan, with a route to the first team and then sold at some point if a big offer comes in, which is what has happened with White and Bissouma. In regards to Cucarella, the timing isn’t quite right, which is similar to when we kept hold of Dale Stephens, even though we were in the Championship and Burnley were in the Premier League. Trust me, Cucarella can want to go all he likes, but he’s got 4 years left on his contract, so he stays unless the offer is way above what he is currently worth to us, not City. My guess is Bloom will want him to stay another season or even two, and then be sold for £50M. GOSBTS.
Hi Dave what does GOSBTS mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.