Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
He will be the most important signing the club has made this summer, after Haaland, if we get him.

It’s not just about getting an upgrade at LB, but it’s negating the loss of pace out wide which we will lose once Sterling and Jesus leave.

None of Grealish, Foden, Mahrez or Palmer are proper pacy widemen. They are players who aim to cut inside and cause damage from their.

That tells me that a lot of our width will come from the full backs next season. Personally, Zinc is much better playing the inverted fullback role than the traditional up and down LB. I do think there is room for both Cucurella and Zinchenko though.
Foden is very fast. Even though he doesn't get credit for it.

Since Sané left (and Mendy effectively self-destructed) we haven't had that speed going outside the opposing right-back that he provided. Certainly, Merlin and Sané had an extraordinary understanding, and we're not getting that back in a hurry. But with this player, we will start to see the speed and the overlapping again. And like Walker, he is apparently well able to get back in time if we lose the ball.
I'll be disappointed if we don't get him. That said, no offer's gone in. City might be waiting to accumulate funds before making it.

i don't think Cucurella transfer will be done till 10th, he will be approached but i expect tough and long negotiation till mid July.

Hope i'm wrong though and we can conclude our business with Brighton as quickly as possible before pre-season.

Really hope this one gets done. Imagine the will is there on his side, will just be a matter of fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.