Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of these fans were probably the same ones who slagged Rodders off after his first year.
I can understand people wanting more from a player. What I can’t get onboard with is when the player under attack has played his part in the club winning another trophy. If the club was underachieving and the players strolled about then fair enough have a go. Let’s leave that to united fans.

£100m fee is why people can’t appreciate his performances. If it was £50m then the lack of support would not exist. I have no doubts he will start to deliver higher performances but he still might never be able to do enough to justify the fee in some people eyes.
I also wish people would get off Jack's back & stop obsessing over his hair, calf muscles & transfer fee!

Pep wanted him & Villa had a rock solid buyout clause in his contract which we triggered, which is nothing to do with Grealish. ManUre are entitled to put a £1bn buyout clause on Phil Jones's head, but he's only worth what someone's willing to pay.

The only reservations I've got about Grealish is a comment he made post-Villa match where we won the title. Pissed up, he said it's harder than he thought to adapt under Guardiola because he's had to stick to a rigid system, whereby at Villa he could just perform to instinct & make things happen.

This could be just a 1-2 season settling in period, or it could be a player being unhappy about not being able to play his natural game. My hope is we'll land somewhere in the middle where Jack'll adapt his natural game to fit Guadiola's philosophy.

This one might soon need filed in the general thread.

I'm all for other fans contributing, welcome the brighton fans, heck.even agree with some of them.

But the dance is now getting tedious and going nowhere, and what were reasonable positions are turning into a bit of tribal chest pounding bravado.

I also wish people would get off Jack's back & stop obsessing over his hair & calf muscles & transfer fee!

Pep wanted him & Villa had a rock solid buyout clause in his contract which we triggered, which is nothing to do with Grealish. ManUre are entitled to put a £1bn buyout clause on Phil Jones's head, but he's only worth what someone's willing to pay.

The only reservations I've got about Grealish is a comment he made post-Villa match where we won the title. Pissed up, he said it's harder than he thought to adapt under Guardiola because he's had to stick to a rigid system, whereby at Villa he could just perform to instinct & make things happen.

This could be just a 1-2 season settling in period, or it could be a player being unhappy about not being able to play his natural game. My hope is we'll land somewhere in the middle where Jack'll adapt his natural game to fit Guadiola's philosophy.
To be fair, it will be harder than he thought as if his brain was in a hazelnut, it’d still rattle.

£100m fee is why people can’t appreciate his performances. If it was £50m then the lack of support would not exist. I have no doubts he will start to deliver higher performances but he still might never be able to do enough to justify the fee in some people eyes.
only worth 100 million when sold for same in few years time like Sterling wasnt worth 50 million but strangely enough 7 yeas later load of silver wear we got our money back and nobody bats a eyelid

If we're letting Zinchenko go, I assume it's because we know we have a replacement lined up. It sounds like things are agreed with Cucurella, but a way to go to reach an agreement with Brighton. If they've stated they want £50m, no add ons, we know where we stand with them and whilst we may believe it to be too high, or at least we'd prefer some of it to be performance based, it may be that we weren't expecting the £30m for Zinchenko when we started discussing it. If we really don't think he's worth anywhere near what Brighton want, we'd have moved onto other targets by now.

It may also be that Brighton want to do some business first without other clubs knowing they've got the cash. If they're going to use the £50m to buy a £10m left back and a £40m forward (the position they really need to strengthen) then it would make sense for them to get the forward agreed first.

If the club want Cucurella and are happy at whatever fee, then I'm happy with it - remember when people said Walker was proof that football was broken? If the club decide to go after someone else, I'm happy with that too. Whilst Danilo didn't work out, our other fullbacks have been what the team needed - Mendy is the obvious elephant in the room there, but remember how he played when he first arrived when he was laughing at Wallet over the number of assists. Two serious injuries have severely affected him as a player, regardless of anything else

I can understand people wanting more from a player. What I can’t get onboard with is when the player under attack has played his part in the club winning another trophy. If the club was underachieving and the players strolled about then fair enough have a go. Let’s leave that to united fans.
The role of a passenger, didn't have one game winning moment all season, take his measly g/a contribution away and we still would have finished with the same points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.