Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt if the story of 20M price difference is true.

But if it true, I can come up with 2 reasons -- city management faith in Pep's commitment and the ability of the agent.

If you look at the transfers in the past 2 seasons, we paid very quickly for Dias Grealish Philips Halaand. And hold on with Kane and Cucurella.

The commons between the first 4 players:

Firstly they have very resourceful and skillful agents. Multiple journo pointed out the agent for Grealish and Philips did very good job in securing the transfers. Kane' agent and Cucurella's agent are not that famous.

Secondly players like Grealish Dias Philips and Halaand are not "100% Pep's player". They played under different managers at club and national team and proved to be relatively successful under a different style. Cucurella only proved in this Brighton team under a certain manager whose style is very similar to Pep. Kane is a bit different he is proven under different managers but his age and injury history is certainly a negetive to him. Some journo said that Pep wanted Kane but some city management has doubt in him. These all point to the elephant in the room. Our management is not 100% confident that Pep will extend his contract. They are more willing to pay for some "common style" players who is likely to be part of next manager plan if Pep leaves. Of course everyone wish Pep to stay.

It's simple really if the player wants to move then Brighton should also play ball and help the move along
OK if it's down to the asking price and city valuation then Brighton are fully in the right to hold out for their asking price, but if the player wants to move to city then Brighton don't want a unhappy player and should play ball

if the story is right about £20million between city and Brighton valuations, then maybe both can have some movement and city can offer a better add-on fee if targets are hit by the player or loan some youth players to Brighton

Think its more the club being under no real pressure (real pressure as technically we have a starting LB in Cancelo plus Kabore/Ake as 'fill in' options)

We have 6 more weeks of the window and it appears as though there have been plenty of talks between us and Brighton

There is a £20mil difference, but that's normal

Wasn't Phillips valued at £60mil?

Brighton are in a strong position, but they also know that they don't want to sell him with 2 weeks left to the window nor do they want him to push for a move or play shit as he's unhappy

There are dominoes yet to fall.....and im sure they will

Think in the next week we will let movement, it will be slow but I feel its likely

Let's say for arguments sake the £20mil difference (not that I believe anyone from the sun) is we value him st £35mil and they value him at £55mil

See a deal for around £43mil with add ones to around £50mil getting struck

And if we don't get him....there is no way the club haven't got alternative and easier targets or they wouldn't have allowed Zinch to leave.....the club are so well run there is no risk

Brighton haven't got a second choice left back and I'm not sure they will get one quickjy short of £35 million. Easiest plan of action is to stick with what they have got. Dan Burn was the most likely replacement last season and his departure caused a drop in form.

Brighton haven't got a second choice left back and I'm not sure they will get one quickjy short of £35 million. Easiest plan of action is to stick with what they have got. Dan Burn was the most likely replacement last season and his departure caused a drop in form.
Linked with grabbing Taveres from Arsenal this afternoon.

I doubt if the story of 20M price difference is true.

But if it true, I can come up with 2 reasons -- city management faith in Pep's commitment and the ability of the agent.

If you look at the transfers in the past 2 seasons, we paid very quickly for Dias Grealish Philips Halaand. And hold on with Kane and Cucurella.

The commons between the first 4 players:

Firstly they have very resourceful and skillful agents. Multiple journo pointed out the agent for Grealish and Philips did very good job in securing the transfers. Kane' agent and Cucurella's agent are not that famous.

Secondly players like Grealish Dias Philips and Halaand are not "100% Pep's player". They played under different managers at club and national team and proved to be relatively successful under a different style. Cucurella only proved in this Brighton team under a certain manager whose style is very similar to Pep. Kane is a bit different he is proven under different managers but his age and injury history is certainly a negetive to him. Some journo said that Pep wanted Kane but some city management has doubt in him. These all point to the elephant in the room. Our management is not 100% confident that Pep will extend his contract. They are more willing to pay for some "common style" players who is likely to be part of next manager plan if Pep leaves. Of course everyone wish Pep to stay.
The factor stated in both Haalamd and Philips joining, was to be trained by Pep. Both said it in their interviews… Now ask yourself, would both sign and leave their current clubs without enquiring about the status of if Pep is staying or not? I’m fairly confident (despite what Pep may say to the media) that any deal to extend Peps contract is already in place and agreed. Any announcement on the fact will be when it suits both parties the most, probably if mid season we need a moral boost or to keep us in the news during the World Cup break. Either way, I’m sure all parties are aware of where the situation stands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.