Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if you saw a house in a nice area where houses are worth 150k and you were quoted £300k you would just buy it because that’s the house you wanted???
You would be skint very quickly with those negotiating skills!!
Brighton have no obligation to sell at any price, but if the lad feels it’s a fair price and they are taking the piss coz it’s city then he may have to force the move
The deal will be done for 35m with add ons
It will get reported as 50m coz it’s us

Christ on a bike, no. Where on earth have I said that I think City should pay what is quoted?

My issue is the strategy of making someone a prime target, hearing the quoted fee is massively above your top estimate and then acting as if walking away is something the selling club would care about. As said, Brighton would be happy enough to keep hold of Cucurella so why would they substantially reduce their selling fee? Particularly as it's clear we now need fullback depth. It's a bizarre strategy.

I assume you did. Zinchenko didn’t play in 7 out of the ten months of the season for a reason.

I’ve liked your post, and I’m a Zin fan! I respect everything Zin did for the squad, within his limits, but he was never more than back-up. And yes, he had a terrific final game against Villa, I was there to see it.
This is gravy of a different flavour.

What I don't get is why'd we sell Zinchenko without a replacement first? Surely this strengthens Brighton's position knowing we absolutely want a replacement now. I have seen alternative targets but it's a bit surprising the way we've gone about this. Maybe I am reaching and they are going to get him soon anyway, but from what we've read or heard so far, it isn't ideal.

Not been on here much today, so I might have missed something - but it seems all the negativity around this transfer came from an earlier story by Mark Ogden. Who is not remotely reliable for City.

Admittedly the £20m difference line has just been reinforced by Martin Blackburn - who is usually very good for City - which is a little more concerning.

But this same journalist was telling us all last night that Zin was weighing up whether to go to Arsenal or not when, apparently at the same time according to Pep’s presser today, the squad were having a goodbye dinner for him.

It definitely seems Blackburn is being used to put positions out on City’s behalf on this tour that may not be the full truth.

Either way, I see no credible need for pessimism at this stage.

A very reliable ITK did say on here last night a £37m +12 bid had gone in, which - if true - would make the £20m difference stories more than a little implausible.

I guess it depends whether you think £50 mil is overpaying. Personally think it’s more than a fair price for their player of the season and I can’t believe we thought we could get the deal done for £30 mil
Not for me personally.

I think 50m is overpaying and like 40 is fair price

Unlikely with 4 years left on his contract. They could keep him for 2 years and still get 40m, zero urgency to sell below their value.

A lot things can happen in 2 years time. He might get injury which is no surprise for full backs. Some new stars may appear. Some established full backs may want to change the scene. Cucurella is not a home grown player, little hope to play in this coming world cup if he stays, age nearly 25. And full backs is a position where UK usually produces good players but it just happens that all good ones are already grabbed by other big 6 clubs(because we wasted time in Mendy) and the next generation like Thomas and Mitchell are just a bit too young for a CL level team. But in 2 years time they may be better options for us.

So here we are. Brighton should sell this summer and grab this opportunity. I will say a price around 40M is reasonable to both sides.

What I don't get is why'd we sell Zinchenko without a replacement first? Surely this strengthens Brighton's position knowing we absolutely want a replacement now. I have seen alternative targets but it's a bit surprising the way we've gone about this. Maybe I am reaching and they are going to get him soon anyway, but from what we've read or heard so far, it isn't ideal.
Maybe they have other LBs lined up if Brighton don't compromise. That's the only reasonable option i can think of. Raum , Sosa etc. In half the price

I thought he was rubbish against Villa. Offered nothing going forwards.

Opinions hey?

Just to be clear, I don't actually think we would be fine with 2FBs, and I don't think Stones can play at RB, not in any meaningful capacity anyway. Just in case It wasn't obvious. I was being facetious.

I am not worried about us signing a LB either, I know we will get someone in. Will keep hoping for a 4th FB in the team as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.